Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend!

We had a crazy Memorial Day weekend. It was a lot of traveling and a lot of fun.

On Sunday, my youngest cousin graduated from High School! WOOO HOOO Brittany! We are all sooooooo proud of you! They live in WAY southern Ohio (Jackson area) so it was a little drive to get us there (three hours or so) and we got in just as the party was starting...LOL. They live out in the country on a BEAUTIFUL piece of land and it was so amazing. A lot of the family was there and it was so nice to see everyone. Kris and I were tired, and so were the kids, but we are so, so glad we went down to share that special day with Britt and the family. Seriously....I am so proud of her for getting to this point in her life. It is a BIG accomplishment!!!!!

We spent the night down there and then today we headed over Washington Court House, where my dad's side of the family lives so that Mikayla could meet her great grandma and grandpa for the first time! They live on a farm and Alec always loves it there. He picks strawberries, goes on tractor rides...and does things that we cannot do in the city! LOL! It was such a nice vist and I was glad that we finally were able to make it down there so that they could see their new grand-daughter. Mikayla was in a great mood today and even let them hold her for a little bit....which is unlike her.

I am too tried to write much more but I wanted to get these pictures on here. Tomorrow is our North East Ohio Guatemalan Day at the Zoo I put together. There will be about 15 moms there and a lot of babies! I try to organize something every month for us all to get together and since it's summer we are heading to the Akron Zoo. So off to bed I go and I will post zoo pictures tomorrow!

Hanging out at the party!

Mikayla and Grandma Cheryl

I am posting this because they SAID it would be a blog picture and they are right....how could I EVEN resist?!?! These are my aunts, my uncle and my mom.
From left to right
Aunt Zell (Brittany's mom), My Mom Cheryl, My Aunt Chris, and My Uncle Richard


Kayla and me

I LOVE the attitude she is showing in this picture!

You eat cake...I eat strollers!

My Girl:-)

Me and my Girl

My handsome son

Down at the pond


Me and my cousin Brittany

My grandma, Alec, and my grandpa

Great-Grandpa Jones holding Mikayla for the first time!

My mom and Mikayla with her cheese smile!

I remember when Kris used to do this with Alec....oh how quickly they grow!

Sitting pretty....she always crosses her legs:-)


Grandma and Me


Grandma, Me, and my Daddy:-)


Checking out the Flowers

Yummmm!!!!! STRAWBERRIES!

Alec and his Great-Grandparents

She slept for 2.5 HOURS on the way home! She was one tired girl....and I couldn't resist this picture!

1 comment:

Melissa De Mers said...

Looks like you guys had an AWESOME time! :) I love all of the pictures!

You guys look SO happy. I wish I lived on a farm with strawberries. Haylee and I loooooove strawberries and whip cream! Yum!

The kids look precious, as always!!

Love ya,
Mel