Thursday, June 14, 2007

Birthday Pics and ANOTHER Thank You!

First of all, I want to send a HUGE Thank You to Melissa and Haylee. They sent Mikayla some beautiful bows, that Melissa made, for her 1st birthday. They are "flower bows" and they are beautiful and I have already tried them out in her hair! Melissa...that was so sweet of you and I adore them. I am so glad that we have had the opportunity to "virtually" get to know each other. You are so wonderful!

I "met" Melissa on a forum for mothers that gave birth in August of 2002. I joined this forum because obviously this was when Alec was born. We have been friends ever since....wow...almost five years now and we have never been able to meet face to face. But she has been a WONDERFUL friend over the past 5 years and I value her and her friendship so much. Her daughter, Haylee, whose blog is on my blogroll to the side, is Alec's long-distance girlfriend. THANK YOU MEL AND HAYLEE!

Below is the birthday invitation for Mikayla's upcoming party. I was asked to post it so I blurred out the personal info and here it is! Isn't it adorable? I loved it. I wanted to wait until the invitations had gone out to post the proof since most of the people invited ALSO read this blog:-)

Also below are her 1st Birthday Pictures I had taken. My scanner won't "scan" because I am out of ink and I am in no mood to go buy ink...LOL. It's not on my priority list right now. So I had to take pictures of the pictures but you can see them pretty good.

Tomorrow is the K-9 banquet that we attend every June. It is to raise funds for the Stark County K-9 Association which obviously we are a part of since Kris is a K-9 handler. I will have my mom take a picture of us before we leave for the banquet tomorrow. This will be the FIRST time we have left Mikayla since she has been home. Wish her luck, us luck, and my mom luck. She is driving up from Mansfield to watch the kids.

I will try to post more tomorrow but we have a HUGE weekend ahead of us and next week doesn't get any better. Tommorow is the banquet, Saturday is a cookout with Joe, Gina, and Christian, and then Sunday MIKAYLA TURNS ONE and we are heading to the Indians Game in Cleveland to celebrate both her birthday and Father's Day.


Happy Birthday Mikayla....almost at least:-)

Alec wanted to get in one of the pictures and I am so glad that he did because I LOVE this picture of the two of them. I LOVE IT! My kids are just the best!

Princess Mikayla.....Tiara and all!

Oh my GOSH is it EVER tough being a princess...I am not sure I can handle all this WORK!

HEY MOM!? Look what happens when I take my bottle and shake it really hard over my head! HAHAHA...I have a MILK head now!

This is me in the morning everyone....do you like my bedhead??




The following pictures are the BEAUTIFUL Flower Bows Melissa sent Mikayla. THEY ARE AWESOME!




5 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

Yay! I'm in Vegas right now but wanted to check to see if you got the bows. ;) I am so glad you like them!!

We really need to meet, hopefully maybe soon!! :) I didn't want to miss out on an opportunity to wish Misss Mikayla a Happy 1st Birthday!!

Take care and I hope you enjoy the bows.

Her invites look so CUTE! I love the pics, and Alec is such a SWEET older brother! I just love him. :)

Take care - Love ya,
Mel

Katie said...

Love all of it !!! Look at Ms. Makayla -- she is a TRUE princess !! I still can't get over her beautiful eyes -- stunning !!PS Can't forget about Prince Alec -- he is pretty darn handsome himself !!

Anonymous said...

You sure are blessed! Great friends, great family! beautiful kids, great husband.geez.Way to go! That princess is too much, love the one of her with her hands up and the one w/Alec. He is the sweetest thing. Does he play t-ball tonight? Please give hugs and big kisses from Aunt Zell. I love you SO much.

Jaime said...

I just love the invitation! It is so cool...I can't believe that our babies are turning one! Where has the time gone?! It is crazy how fast they grow. Mikayla's pictures are adorable and the flower bows are awesome. They make me want a daughter now! I just love all of the hair bows of Mikayla's...she always looks so darn cute! Have a great time at the K-9 Banquet and rest easly because I am sure that Grandma and the kids will be a-ok! Also, have fun on Sun, I can't wait to see the pictures!
HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY MIKAYLA!

Joe and Gina said...

The invitations are the cutest...Little Princess Mikayla looks adorable in her crown. The picture with her and Alec is priceless. We are looking forward to coming over....