Thursday, June 7, 2007

I CAN CRAWL NOW!

Joe, Gina, and Christian came over this afternoon for a little while and it was a good time....as always. I didn't get too many pictures because at this age...they don't sit still very long to take them! Gone are the "sitting days." Alec was chasing Christian around the house and oh MY was Chrsitian ever laughing. It was hysterical. I don't know who was having a better time...Alec or Christian.

Literally, 20 minutes after they left...MIKAYLA CRAWLED. It started when Kris took off his work boots and she wanted them. Kris yelled at me to get the camera because she was crawling. I didn't believe him at first but ran upstairs with the camera and sure enough....she was! After the excitement of the boots wore off I knew I needed something good to get her to go at it again. What better then FOOD!? My child LOVES her food. So I grabbed the box of Cheerios and put some on the floor. It worked! The video I made is at the bottom of this post:-)

Hmmm......I am taking notes...your knees go up and one moves and then the other...

Yes...I think I may be able to do this if I concentrate!

You can do it Mikayla....you CAN!

Well...not if they are holding us I guess!

Bye Christian! Bye Mikayla! See you next time! ~SMOOCH~





12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dad and I just watched the video! It is so hard not being there to see milestones like this, but I tell you watching this video is so wonderful. I am so glad you do this stuff so we can see! She will be crawling all around tomorrow and just caught on didn't she! She seriously does look like she is checking out Christian to see how he does it! It just cracked me up how she went for those Cheerios! I think you need to send this video to the Cheerios Company for a commercial.!!!!!!!!!!!
We love you so much Mikayla!
Mamaw and Papa

Joe and Gina said...

YEAH Mikayla...Christian is glad he could be of some help...Now it is your turn to teach him how to eat those Cheerios...Thanks for having us today at the last minute we had fun..

Blessed Mommy said...

GO Mikayla!! how awesome to be there to see her crawl for the first time! YAY!!! (ps. the movie you made was too cute!)

Kim said...

Yeah Mikayla!!! How cute is that crawling. Love the trail of Cheerios. :)

Brandy's Adventure said...

Oh my gosh...that video is the cutest thing in the world! I LOVED it!! She was cracking me up going after them cheerios!! So now I know my bribery tool for her to let me hold her when I come home..hmmmm...

Jaime said...

OMG! I LOVE the video! She is so motivated with the Cheerios! I am so glad that you were able to witness it ...what a doll! Congratulations on your big accomplishment Mikayla. Now you'll be extra busy getting into stuff like Lincoln does. As soon as he started crawling the fun began!

Jenny and Matt said...

Yay Mikayla! way to go!!

Melissa De Mers said...

Go Mikayla GOOOOO! Man your Mama better keep a close eye on ya now! ;) Pretty soon you'll be running! Yaaay!

You are growing up SO fast!

Love
Melissa

Bekah said...

Great work Mikayla! You and Christian are too cute! Love the smooching picture.

JuJu - said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

i love it:)

Julia:)

Susan said...

Great video Mindy! Mikayla just took off and went. Food, the great motivator!

Danielle said...

Your blog is adorable..I love it.
You have done a great job with it.
I loved the video of her crawling...too cute!