Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I know, I know...You want me to post:-)

FIRST OF ALL, A HUGE SHOUT OUT TO EMILY and MATT and THEIR SWEET TWINS GABRI AND ADDY!!!! THEY ARE OUT OF PGN AFTER A WAAAY TOO LONG OF A JOURNEY!!!!


Things have been so busy this week I have barely had time to approve my comments (some of which got lost and I don't know why!?). I will start with her birthday/Father's Day.

We woke up and got ready and headed off to the Indians Game that day. It was near 90 degress Sunday and so hot. We got there, sat in our great seats a total of 2 innings, and never went back. LOL. It was just too hot for the kids. They were sweating, we were sweating, and Mountian Dew was calling my name (they don't sell Coke and I won't drink Pepsi). So we walked around, went to the gift shops, met Slider(the mascot), and ate some $30 hot dogs. LOL. It was actually a lot of fun...just HOT HOT HOT.

Both kids crashed on the ride home and when we got home we didn't do a whole lot. Just hung out together and enjoyed our kids!

Tuesday was our post-placement visit with our Social Worker. When we signed our contract with our agency we had to agree to do 4 post-placement visits. One at 6 months home, one at 1 year home, then 2 years, and finally 3 years home. The first one is over now and we need her report for the re-adoption hearing that is coming up SOON.

Then today Mikayla had her 1 year visit with her Doctor. He has some concerns because she has jumped WELL off her growth curve....gaining three pounds in under 2 months and also not growing in length like she should be. He is concerned and we follow up with him in 6 weeks for her to measured and weighed again. If she is not making progress then the testing begins. We are guessing that is could be a Growth Hormone Deficiancy, which is fixable, but I am still sad for her. It's hard as a parent to have to put your children through the kinds of tests Mikayla has had to undergo. I am hoping that she begins to GROW and NOT in the weight department. OH...and some of you may think I over-feed her. Nope...she eats less then most children her age according to the Doctor. I love him and he is fabulous and never leaves a single stone unturned. If there is an issue...he will find it and I am thankful that he is on top of things like he is. Doctors like him are very hard to find.

After the appointment my mom and Kris' mom and the kids came up to watch Alec play T-Ball. I got some good pictures but I will post them later....too tired to download them.

So there ya go:-) We are getting ready for the big First birthday party this weekend and I CAN'T wait! See some of you there!



Good Morning Birthday Princess!

Alec...where on EARTH are they taking us in this heat????

Daddy and his kids on Father's Day

Mmmmm...this chip is GOOD!

M-O-M....I am HOT...I am SWEATY...and I WANT TO GO HOME!!!

Me and the kiddo's

6 comments:

HollyGee said...

Mindy,

I think Mikayla is beautiful and she doesn't look overweight at all to me. My sister was a preemie but was a VERY overweight baby and EXTREMELY short, think Jabba the Hut. While all of the other kids in her preschool class could sit in a chair with their feet touching the ground, her feet barely came off of the edge of the seat. She is now 29 and a size two and taller than me. She did catch up and I bet Mikyala will too.

Bekah said...

I will be praying that Mikayla grows like a weed in the next few weeks so that she doesn't have to go through any testing...for her sake and yours. Sweet pictures as always.

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to have a medical uncertainty with a baby. Keep in mind: she just learned to crawl. That's going to change everything about her physically. We had to have a growth appointment, too, and things ironed themselves out. She seems so healthy and so energetic, so my guess is that it is all going to be just fine. Hang in there, Mindy!

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Hang in there Mindy! Mikayla looks happy and healthy in all your photos. Remember -- the growth charts are for white American babies -- not a lot of giants in the Mayan culture (that's what I keep reminding myself when everyone comments on how short Garrett is -- small but mighty!). She is beautiful!
~Beckie

Jane said...

I am on the same page as laurie... learning to crawl she will build some "muscle" that was not there two months ago.

I remember one little girl I nannied in Pittsburgh from 5 weeks to three years... she would get wide, then get tall, then eat. She cycled like this all the time.

You guys are in my prayers! Sounds like if there is an issue that you have a great doctor. God has had His hand on you guys this far, he will not let you loose at this point.

Blessed Mommy said...

Thanks for my shout out :D i wish i was going to be there for the party.. but i know it will be a wonderful time, take tons of pics!!!