Friday, June 29, 2007

WARNING: Crazy Weekend Ahead!

First of all...thanks for letting me vent yesterday. As I wrote back and said to the person that left the comment anonymously..."when you get married you have dreams and they typically don't include infertility. Letting go of your dreams (which in this case, the dream of a larger family) is difficult...and this one I am finding extremely difficult to let go of." Feeling the way that I feel doesn't mean for one for second that I don't appreciate or thank God for what I have..because I do..DAILY. I love my children, I ADORE my children and they are now and always will be top priority (along with you too honey(kris)) in my life. OK...enough about that. LOL.

Now...last night I was happily turning off all of the lights in the house when I hear laughter streaming out of the baby monitor. Yup...LAUGHTER..AT MIDNIGHT. So I head on up to the princess palace to see what is so "funny" at this late hour. Well... I find my child standing in her crib, looking at me like "let's play mommy!" No kidding. I am bewildered. Seriously...I am. I got her out of the crib....knowing there was NO WAY she was going back to bed and headed downstairs for a midnight session of "play." This child of mine played HARD for an HOUR AND A HALF until she started crashing and went back to bed. I took a picture of this midnight child, complete with wild bedhead. So I happily tuck her into the bed and head to the bathroom to wash my face when I hear ALEC up. He comes out of his room and wants TOAST! It is now 1:30 am and Alec and I head to the kitchen to make a midnight snack of toast because he is scared and needs to eat toast because that keeps his stuffed animals from looking at him. Seriously...this is what he said. GINA...where is that "monster spray" you keep promising. LOL. By the time we eat our midnight toast...what the heck...I had some too....we all went to bed at the lovely hour of 2:30 am.

NOW...this weekend is going to fun and crazy. Tomorrow my in-laws, their children, My BIL and SIL and their children are all coming up. The guys are heading off to golf and we are all headed up to Akron Zoo while they golf the afternoon away. I mean seriously...who would choose GOLF over a trip to the zoo? LOL. So off to see Lions, and Tigers, and Bears we go...although...come to think of it...they don't have any of those animals at the Akron Zoo. So I guess we are off to see Fish, and Bats, and a Jaguar.

Then on Sunday we are headed up to an INDIANS game with our kids and Joe, Gina, and Christian. WOOO HOOO. It's supposed to be a beautiful day for a game and I am excited. Should be fun! I will post pictures tomorrow night....have a great weekend everyone!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I no longer work outside the home, and so people often ask me what I used to do before I had kids....and I usually say, "sleep." lol! Anyway....aren't kids FUN? I LOVED your midnight story....thanks for the laugh. And you know...as hard as it is to play and eat toast in the middle of the night, when they are teenagers, we will wish the answers to their problems were as simple and innocent as midnight play and toast. Enjoy your adorable kids.

Brook

p.s. love the bedhead, too!

Katie said...

LOL -- Her hair is the best !! Hope she doesnt make a habit out of the midnight playtime!!

Melissa De Mers said...

Yes, I agree with the first commenter....we will miss these days when they're teenagers, or even moved out!

Alec's story made me crack up so much! I shared it with Tim and he said that sounds like something Haylee would say. ;o)

Mikayla's hair is hysterical! She just looks wide awake. How funny!

Thanks for sharing,
Mel

The Braun's said...

Oh Mindy she is such a cutie pie!! I love the bed head,hehe!! Leighton is going through the monster stage right now too! You have a beautiful family! Take care~
Wendy- leightonsmommy 2002 moms

Kim said...

Alex has these midnight playtimes every now and then also. It's amazing - he tends to play harder when he has one of those episodes than he does during the day. LOVE the hair!! So funny.

And next tim I wake up and can't sleep - I'm going to make me some toast!!

Blessed Mommy said...

soo fun! my girls did the same thing (only it was 11 pm) and one of them decided that they had to get the other one in on the fun :) so, i had two babies up at all hrs of the night.. gotta love these kids!!!