Thursday, May 3, 2007

It's About Inspiration and Love

Why do we blog? What possesed us to sign up at blogger.com and "blog" our lives for all to see? And then why do we decorate our blogs with stuff and make them cute? I know there are many reasons people decide to blog and I thought I would share with you why I do it.

It began as a way to keep my family updated on pictures and "news" about my family. Then it turned into more...much more. I love to blog. You know why? Because it allows me the opportunity to freely express myself without someone staring back at me. I write what I want to and I write from my heart. I have always kept a journal...since I was a very young girl and yes, I have them all. Blogging is my online journal and it is me saying "here I am and this is me and this is what I am all about." I don't "hide" behind my blog...I am open and honest on here. I am a very emotional and spiritual person and I like to share my insights with others. If I can insprire one person...or be a source of encouragement to one person....then the time and effort I put into it (which trust me...is actually not much) was worth my time. Another blog "bonus" has been the wonderful people I have met on here that have INSPRIRED me. I love reading so many of your blogs...as I have time...we all know how that is as parents. I have made life-long cyber friends through the internet. In fact, I have internet friends that mean more to me then my "in person friends." I know that many of you will agree with me on that one. It's sometimes frustrating actually because I wish that so many of us lived closer...I am sure we would hang out, drink Starbucks, and talk for hours while our Guata-Sweeties played in the yard. ~sigh~ But that's the thing...blogging is a world that has endless opportunities. It's a way to put yourself out there....as much as you want to....and in the meantime meet new friends.

Now...on to the other stuff. Mikayla and Alec had DR appointments today. Alec had to get a shot and he was a CHAMP about it. I was real worried but he did great! Mikayla also had one shot and will get the remainder on her 1st b-day appointment. So that's cool....no DR appointments now for us for TWO MONTHS! Could it be? Who knows...but I sure hope so. Mikayla is doing great and weighed in at 19 pounds! WOW! She is 16th percentile for length and 35% for weight. Alec was 38th percentile for height and 54th for weight. So they are doing well. She is a little clingy from her shots and she is calling me so I better get going....Love you guys!


See this helmet on the floor? It's for Alec's Go-Kart but Kris put it on today and started talking some unknown made-up language and Mikayla CRIED. It scared her to death...it was funny. Isn't that terrible I am laughing at my child who cried? You just had to be there. Trust me. My husband is a nut like me.
Oh thank GOD dad took that helmet off!
My Family!
Pretty eyes!
Hmmm...do I want anymore pictures??

Nope...I sure don't!
SPLISH SPLASH

6 comments:

Katie said...

I hear ya on the cyber friends --they are the best ! I LOVE Mikalyas eyes -- what color are they ??

Jan said...

Mindy,

Just had to say that I am glad you are my blogger pal and that you express yourself as openly to us out there still waiting. I can not tell you how comforting it is to know others are out there rooting for me and meaning it whole heartily! I feel just as you do - I wish I could know each and every person that I have come in contact with during this process and that we could just call each other up on the phone and meet at a certain time and place and just hang out - sigh! The good news is that we have met - and that we have a way that we can share our lives with one another -at least we have that! I feel very blessed to be in contact with others who are currently or have felt the feelings that I am feeling now. The support means the world to me! Thanks again for sharing as much as you do! Now I am off to reading time with Danny. Hugs from NC!

Jane said...

Mindy... I sooo enjoy your perspective on life... keep up the writing girl!

You have such a beautiful family! Good think Alec is handsome, cause he sure does have a knock out for a sister! How do you not just eat them both up!?!

Melissa De Mers said...

Mindy,

I think you and I are soul sisters. I really do. :) I am so glad to "know" you & hopefully one day I'll get to actually MEET you!

I know we'd get along so well, we are SO much a like. (but you've known that for years) I can't believe we've been friends since our 2002 kids were practically BORN! Now you have Mikayla, and it is so much fun sharing with you again (even though I'm just sharing Haylee, LOL).

Take care sweet friend! Beautiful family.

Love much,
Melissa

Bekah said...

I started our blog just to keep family in the loop and had no idea how the Lord would use it to bless me with so many beautiful friends and sisters in Christ. I am so thankful!!! I wish we all lived closer too!

JuJu - said...

Great Post! Love the pics:):)

Julia:)