Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Lunch with my BFF

Today was awesome. I got to have lunch and catch up with my best friend from high school. WOOO HOOO! We went to our fav place Cheddars and had the best lunch! We talked about everything and anything...just like we always used to.

Amber and I became friends our freshman year of high school. We hung out each and every day listening to No Doubt and other such music and cruising around in my Chevy Beretta. LOL. What days THOSE were. We did everything together. It was great. She was a bridesmaid in my wedding and then, like so many friendships, we lost track of each other for a few years. And then I found her, by chance, on MySpace and we have been talking again ever since. We picked right up where we left off. I am so glad. Here are some pictures...Amber is now married and is pregnant with her first sweet baby...due in FIVE weeks and she looks GREAT. And it's a BOY!


Amber and I today
This is SO us....always laughing

Amber and I in the cheerleading days...we were heading off to cheerleading camp here

This was our favorite pastime. We would eat ice cream and read magazines all the time.

This was right after we went to the No Doubt concert.

Sophomore Year (of high school)

Senior Year of high school


More cheerleading

We were both runners-up in Miss Lexington and this was right after one of the parades we rode in

Cheerleading Tryouts


Christmas our Junior Year

4 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

Awww you guys were such great friends! That is so sweet you met up with her. So cute! I love all of the pictures. :)

I don't have a friend that I have known for that long.

Take care! Tell Mommy Cheryl I said hello. ;)

Love,
Melissa

Candy said...

I really loved this post...too cool to find her again...

Our Adoption Process said...

Okay, so now I will freak out, because guess who else drove a Chevy Beretta from High School until after she got married??? Yep, I had a white Chevy Beretta. We called it the Heartbeat!
This is too funny.
Maybe I need to move to Ohio.
Kerry

JuJu - said...

Happy Mother's Day:)

JUlia:)