Thursday, August 2, 2007

Medical Update on the Sweetie

Yesterday was our visit with the DR to discuss Mikayla's growth. I am thrilled to announce that she has grown a FULL inch in the past 6 weeks which means that she is most likely out of the growth concern woods! I was so relieved to hear that we would not have to be doing further testing on her. My little girl is going to be a short thing...but that is just fine with me! Besides...I am short myself so we can be short together!

My mom came up and watched Alec while I went to the appointment. Alec and her always have a great time together and he was NOT happy when it was time for her to leave:-( He is never happy when Mamaw leaves. I got some cute pictures of them though and much to mom's surprise...Miss. Mikayla was quite taken by her and had no issue at all when mom tried to hold her. I am soooo happy that she is finally starting to show trust in other people besides us!


All smiles after a tasty dinner of Pears and Chicken with Apples....YUM-MY!

Walking away....

Mom and Mikayla

Mom and her little man Alec

Alec FINALLY learned how to swing himself!

Two sick kids on the couch earlier this week!

9 comments:

Steve & Amy said...

So glad to hear that Mikayla doesn't have to go through more tests! We can't wait to see you pictures when you get them taken:) It's so hard picking them out!

Melissa De Mers said...

hi mindy! i bet your mom was so happy to spend time with alec. :o) what a special bond they have!

glad to hear kayla is growing! how tall are you?? i think i'm kinda short too (five four and a half, lol).

take care, love ya!
melissa

Princess Gabby and Prince Hunter said...

What great pics Mindy! I love the last one of them on the couch!! What cuties you have!!!

Jane said...

Grow Mikayla, Grow! However some of us just don't have the tall gene!

I'm only 5'3.5".... and I am taller than my parents and my three older sisters. I'm thankful for being a tall as I am! (Dad used to be taller, but lost over 2" in 6 months at the age of 60 when his arthritis hit him hard.

I love the bond between grandmas and their grandsons. Special ladies those grandmas are!

Katie said...

I am glad to hear Mikayla is fine -- just a little short !! What a cutie she is !!

Kate said...

Yeah! I am so happy that Mikayla doesn't have to have more tests! And look at her walking more and more, soon she will be running! You have such a great Mom!! Her and Alex look like 2 peas in a pod!!

JuJu - said...

Your family is so beautiful - inside and out:)

Julia:)

Tara said...

Horray! I am so happy that everything turned out OK at her appointment. Just look at your cutie grow!!!!

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Hooray! So good to hear how fast she is growing! My kiddos are currently in the same boat. Must be all this good summer air growing them up strong.