Life catches us all by surprise, doesn't it? Things sometimes go as planned and sometimes things go awry. Sometimes things change a little and sometimes a lot. But whatever happens we know we always have God as our constant and He will deliever us peace in times of crisis and joy in times happiness. And through him we will become a stronger, better person through faith.
I haven't talked at all about it on my blog. I didn't know if and when the right time would be to do so but I have decided that now is the time and now is when I need people who are my friends and family...whether far or near...to come together and pray for something very important.
On the day of Mikayla's Readoption my mom received a phone call that started the forever change in my family as I knew it. Her doctor had discovered a lump on her routine mammogram and it was suspicious. She needed to follow up with testing right away. In the weeks that have ensued my mom has visited wonderful doctors and undergone many tests. On Tuesday, at around 12:30 pm, the bottom, for me, finally fell out. My mom had breast cancer. Something that had always effected "other people" was now effecting my mom. I cried like I have never cried in my life. My best friend called me in the midst of it and I could barely choke out a single word at first. She knew, I didn't have to tell her, we were expecting the results anytime, and she told me just to cry....to get it all out. And I did.
Now I have had time to digest this all and think about it. And think about it over and over and over again. I have to say that I don't know how people who do not have a faith in God get through things like this. I truly don't. I feel peace in being able to pray for my mom and that God is and will be in control of this situation...truly it is out of our hands.
My mom is an amazing person. I know she doesn't want me to go on and on in this post and I won't, per her request. But I will say that my mom is an incredible woman of faith. She is loved by everyone who knows her and the support that she has around her is immense. But there is always room for more and as Christians we believe strongly in the power of prayer. So please, pray for my mom, for our family, and for the months of treatment that will follow her surgery. Her surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, August 28th. I know that there will be many of you that WILL pray for her. And please, pray for me. I am an only child and this has been really, really hard for me. Thank you to all of you that reached out to me right now. I know a lot of you already know about this through a.com or because you are my family or friends. The outpouring of e-mails, phone calls, and PM's have been UNREAL. THANK YOU...I love all of you and I promise to try to blog more. It's just been tough for me right now...I haven't felt like there was much to celebrate but I was wrong...because everyday that we are alive and we are HERE is a celebration. Life is a gift from God.


22 comments:
I will be praying and I have added your mom and family to a couple of prayer chains!! Keep us posted!! HUGS!
Kate
So sorry to hear your mom and your family are going thru this. I really do understand what your going through and you will all be in my thoughts and prayers. Try and hang in there, from one "only child" to another! Kristen (aka NYKRISSY)
Sending you love and hugs. When you are feeling defeated, just remember Mikayla's middle name...FAITH :)
Oh man I don't know any more I could say but what I've already sent ya. And your sweet Mommy. I love her too. She is SUCH a special lady and a sweetheart.
You know I'm your prayer warrior Mindy. You know I'm praying for you and Cheryl. I love you guys.
Please be strong and you are RIGHT - we have SO much to celebrate. Every moment we have together is a treasure we should never take for granted.
Love you bunches,
Mel
I am so sorry to hear about your current struggle. Your mom looks like a strong and loving woman who will fight with all her might.
Thinking of you . . . .
Oh I am so sorry. I am so sick of cancer. Your mom is a beautiful woman and I will be praying for strength for her.
the pray chain here in houston has started.
Definitely praying hard Mindybeth!!!! {{{{HUGE HUGS}}}} Please let me know if there's anything I can do.
I am sorry to hear about your Mom. She looks like a beautiful and strong woman. You have all my prayers during this tough time for you all.
I've been waiting for you to post this!! (I saw your post on a.com - but I couldn't PM you because I'm having problems with my account!)
Your mom is in my prayers. There is amazing things that medicine can do now. Keep "talking" to us and keep us updated!!
Mindy,
I will be praying for your mother and you and your family. I too don't know how people go through some things without God. I am glad you have Him to bring you peace that only He can bring.
Gail
Mindy , You are a inspiration to us all. To have such faith in a time like this is amazing. Well its God that has given it to you and HE is amazing. He WILL see your family through. Much Love and Prayers , Katie
We will pray for your family during this tough time. Cancer affects so many lives but God has a plan for those lives and the lives of those loved ones. Help your mom by being strong when she needs you, by crying with her when she's down and by being silly when she needs to smile.
Loves and prayers!
I am so sorry about your Mom's news. I will be praying for her.
Mindy,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom. Keep the faith and we will be with you.
Beckie
We will be praying for you, your mom, and your whole family! God can work miracles and we will lift up your mom, the doctors involved in her care, and you all to the Lord! God will carry us in these times and He is with you all! You are a great source of strength to all of us and we hope we can be a support to you with this current battle! God Bless you all! Megan
mindy
we are in prayer and agreement that your mom will live!!!!! Jesus is our healer and He has her in His hands!!! continue to speak only words of life over her..let no negative come out of anyones mouth :)
we love your family.
much love
Mindy, You and your mom will be in our thoughts and prayers. We ask God for strength for you and guidance for the doctors treating your Mom. The Lord has shoulders bigger that all of us and must all of of our troubles on him. God bless you.
mindy, i will add your sweet mom to my prayer list.
Mindy, I have so much to say. I have not een blogging or reading blogs enough lately. I admit patients for lumpectomys and mastectomys 3 days a week at my job. I know the fear yet bravery that lies in their eyes as they wait for their time to be rolled into our OR. Again I wish we lived closer so that I could personally wish her off myself. They are catching breast cancer so much earlier these days and thank God. She will have you throughout her treatments. She hit the jackpot by you being her ONLY child. If you ever need to talk, email me and we can exchange numbers.
My love and prayers go out to you and your Mom!!
Kerry
I am so sad to hear about your mom. She is in our prayers, as well as the rest of your family.
Mindy,
I am sitting here, catching up on your blog and this particualr entry struck a nerve. I don't know if you remember or not, but it was this time, August, 2004, that my own mommy found a malignant lump in her left breast. The mastectomy was August 27, 2004. I know exactly how you feel. My heart goes out to you. There are no words to comfort, I know this myself. I am praying for you, and your mom, and know that medical technology is such that your mom WILL beat this. Cancer is hard, chemo is harder, but you and she make it through somehow. My own mother has been cancer-free for 2 full years now! Please keep us posted.
Post a Comment