Sunday, August 5, 2007

A Fun Rainy Day!

Today was a yucky and rainy day here in Ohio. It literally rained from the minute I woke up until like an hour or so ago. We really needed the rain but Y-U-C-K!!!!! My mom and dad came up this afternoon for a wonderful visit. They aren't able to come up a lot together so it was nice to have them for the afternoon. Mikayla was really tired today and of all days she took two naps today. She hasn't taken two naps in the same day in months! I also think she is getting her final tooth on the bottom. Well....not her FINAL tooth but the last one of the original eight. Hopefully it will pop through soon so she can stop chomping on her hands. Alec was OF COURSE happy to see mamaw and papa. We ate KFC, had some cookies, and hung out.

Around 5:45 we all packed up. My mom and dad headed back home and we headed over to the 1st birthday party for our friends daughter. It was little late for our kiddo's but they were super good at the party and Mikayla enjoyed showing off her walking skills. First birthday parties are just the best and there is nothing cuter then watching a child dig into that birthday cake!

Mom holding a very sleepy baby girl!

Mamaw and Papa with their only grandchildren

Are you lookin' at me?

Alec has a SILLY face in this picture. Love it.

My mom and dad. I have the BEST parents in the entire world.

My little boy who has HIS birthday party next weekend!

Love this picture of the two of us! I had to bribe him with a cookie to take this picture with me!

Pretty Girl....seriously.

She is walking with this walker all the time and she gets TICKED when it hits something and she has to stop. She needs a field.

Mom...you can't be serious. I can't have any cake? What is UP with that.


Mom and dad...it's time to bust out of this party...I am tired and wanting my lovey, some Motrin for my teeth and a bottle. OH...and don't give my that Soy milk stuff. It's nasty.

XOXO~Mikayla

5 comments:

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

what a precious two you have! Too soon she'll be fully mobile and you'll be running to catch up with her -- my mom always told me to be careful what I wished for and now I fully understand as the mom of two toddlers.

Keep those pics coming!

Steve & Amy said...

These picture are too cute! We can't wait to see the pictures from the photographer:) Yes we are into bribery with Ethan now too to get him to take pictures with us!!!

Melissa De Mers said...

The pics are too cute! You guys must be busy as you don't post as much as you first did.

I hope you're having a great summer! Sounds like it's HOT in Ohio. This summer's been really nice in CA. Usually it's hot for us too though.

Take care
Love ya
Mel

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new pictures! I cannot believe how much you and your mom look alike. :) AMAZING!

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

2nd note: any chance we'll get to meet you at Guatober Fest? Here's hoping :)

Beckie