Thursday, August 30, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEC!!!!!!!!

Five years ago today Kris and I headed to Aultman Hospital at 6:00 am for a scheduled induction. I was 42 weeks pregnant and more then ready to give birth. After 17 hours of labor Alec was delivered via emergency c-section at 11:49 pm. We spent Labor Day weekend in the hospital with our new and beautiful son! Fast forward five years...here we are!

Every year since Alec turned one we have taken him to Chucke E Cheese for his birthday. He loves to go and it's a special thing we do only on his birthday each year to keep it special. We took Haylee along this year (of COURSE) and they had a FABULOUS time. They are so cute together. On the way there Haylee asked Alec if he would marry her. He told her he WOULD marry her for fifty years! HAH! They have been friends since birth and I don't think their friendship is going anywhere soon!

Poor Mikayla is actually REALLY under the weather but held up well at Chuck E Cheese. She was a little out of it but she hung in there for the sake of her brother.

It was a wonderful day...and a little sad. I just can't believe my adorable, wonderful son is already five years old. Since it's late and I am exhausted I will post more about Alec tomorrow. I will give an "Alec Five Year Update!" Enjoy the pictures and video...

Friends Forever

He was SO mad I made him wear this hat in this picture!

All smiles!

HAYLEE!


Mikayla thought Chucke was COOL! Very MUCH unlike her brother and Haylee who are BOTH scared to DEATH of him and have been each year!

We see you Mikayla!

Alec in the Barney Ride


I think Mikayla thought he was real...look at her face checking him out!

Crazy Girl!

Alec LOVED the new horse ride...he wanted to ride this horse which was a racing game over and over and OVER. I think we spent 7 tokens on this horse!

Group Picture

The Birthday Boy with Mommy:-)

Hello? Anyone on the phone?

Fun on the slide!

Alec took Mikayla on her first ride down a slide today




I HAVE NO IDEA WHY BUT MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS ARE NOT PLAYING RIGHT. THEY KEEP STOPPING AND STARTING AND I AM SO FRUSTRATED. PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES OR IF IT IS JUST MY COMPUTER. THANKS:-)

7 comments:

EB said...

It looks like a fun time, we have been debating taking Carson to Chuckie Cheese.

Happy Bday Alec

Melissa De Mers said...

Happy 5th Birthday ALEC!

We hope one day to meet you, you sure sound like a sweet little boy. :o)

Mindy I love the video and I remember every single one of those pictures from back in our 2002 August Mom days. ;o) I'm so blessed to be able to WATCH Alec grow up.

Love you guys,
Mel

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Happy birthday Alec!
We go to Chuck E Cheese after doctor's appointments. Izzy likes the roller coaster ride. I can't wait to see her try the new race horse!
Get better soon, Mikayla!
NiCole

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Happy birthday Alec! Hope your 6th year is the best yet!
~Garrett and Elena in NC

Anonymous said...

Dear Alec,

PaPa and Grandma just sat down to watch your video together. We both are wiping the tears from our eyes. To be present at the day you came into the world and to watch you grow up these past 5 years has been a blessing to us that is beyond what we could even put into words. We love you so much that it truly hurts. We miss you every single day. Not a day goes by that we do not think of you and are hoping you are having a day filled with love and fun. We know that your mommy and daddy will always make sure that you feel nothing but that!
Not just because you are our grandson, but you are a very special little boy. You are so compassionate at such a young age and understand such deep things that most would not until years later.
We pray that we will be here for you dear grandson for many, many years to come and always be role models that you could look up to, stable and strong in our values. May you always know that we love you with all of our hearts and would do anything for you. But as much as we love you, Jesus loves you more and will never ever leave your side and will walk right beside you every day of your life! May you always want Him to walk beside you, before you and behind you.
Love,
PaPa and Grandma

Joe and Gina said...

Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday dear Alec...Happy Birthday to you..

Blessed Mommy said...

Happy 5th Birthday Alec -- looks like a ton of fun at chuck e cheese!!!