Friday, April 27, 2007

Going Back to School

I talked to my Academic Advisor over at Walsh (my university) today and told her I would be coming back part-time in the fall. For those of you who don't know...I am four classes and my student teaching away from getting my degree in Early Childhood Education/Intervention Specialist/Reading Specialist. Is that a mouth-full or WHAT!? It has taken me longer to complete this degree because I had to take extra classes to become certified as a Reading Specialist and Intervention Specialist. This is basically what that big fancy title means. I will be certified to teach grades pre-k through third grade regular OR special education and will also have my reading licensure so that I could also be hired as a reading instructor as well. Basically...in Ohio it is very, very difficult to get a job in the education field so that more things you have to offer the better. I would really like to teach special ed and work primarily with autistic children but at this point I just want a JOB. LOL. So I am taking two classes in the fall, two classes along with my pre-student teaching (60 classroom hours) in the spring of 08 and then I will graduate in the fall of 2008. I was SUPPOSED to graduate THIS spring....but....ummmmmmm....we adopted:-)

It was just time for me to go back. I have been off for a year now and I am itching to get it done and graduate. I am SO thrilled to be going back for two classes in the fall, because unlike most people, I LOVE school. I love to learn and I thrive on educating myself. The best thing is that they are evening classes, each one night a week, so Kris will be here with the kids. No sitters needed. Somehow we have managed to swing this almost my ENTIRE college career. My mom has filled in, often I might say, where needed. I think she misses it too!!

Here are a few random pictures from Florida. I just didn't have the patience to post a bunch of them since they take forever and a year to upload since the file size is HUGE. They are from my dad's awesome new Nikon camera. I think the setting was set on maximum. I think we could blow these up into life-size pictures and use them for wallpaper and they would come out crystal clear. LOL.

We ate at Chilli's in Orlando Airport before going through security and Mikayla fell asleep on dad! How cute is this picture! She really bonded with my dad in Florida.
My silly son whom I ADORE so much!


2 comments:

Jane said...

I'm glad you like the world of education... cause I am the personality type that would rather nanny infants while the parents work in the business/medical field. It really does take all kinds to make the world go round!

Still praying for you and your heart!
Jane

Anonymous said...

Pictures are adorable. Glad she did OK w/the piercing. I need a t-ball schedule. Excited for you getting back to school. Especially not needing a sitter. That's awesome. Tell everyone hello and hugs & kisses. Aunt Zell.