Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter today! We sure did! Last night we went to Easter service. Our church has Saturday and Sunday services. It was PACKED so much so that we had to go into the overflow room (which is the size of a house) and we were there thirty minutes early! But we went last night because we knew that today we wanted to get down to Mansfield. So we woke up today, and low and behold the Easter bunny came! Can you even imagine? LOL. Alec told us all day long that he must have been a really good boy since he was spoiled again this year from the "Easter Bunny" or really Kris and I, and both sets of grandparents! We went to Diane and Mike's first (Kris' parents) and had a great time there. Diane and I talked a lot about adoption. She can relate to a lot of the issues that we are dealing with because they too have four adopted children who are beautiful! They were adopted from the Foster Care system so the situation is different...but there are still similiarities. After leaving their house we went over to my mom and dads for dinner. We had an Easter Egg hunt that Kris and I participated in. HOW FUN. It was good time and I am glad we were able to spend the day with our families!

This day was very bittersweet in many ways. I was so happy to be able to celebrate Mikayla's first Easter with her...but my thoughts were often on all of the families that missed this first holiday with their sweet children because they are still in Guatemala. So to those of you who are still waiting...and you know who you are...Gina, NiCole, Petrina....just to name a few....please know you were on my mind today and I can't wait for the day that your little ones are home....soon...very soon.....

So HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE....enjoy the pictures!

This was taken a few days ago but I like it:-)
This is the ONLY picture I got of her in her Easter dress because we were in such a hurry. Thank GOD I had one taken at Pennys this year. Can't wait until those pictures come back!

This was an attempt to take a family picture with the camera propped on ten thousand books on the kitchen table. We didn't have anyone who could take one! Mikayla'a eyes are half-closed or it would have been pretty good!
The Easter Baskets
Mmmmmm .... M&M's!
Alec LOVES puzzles!
The bedhead princess with a few of her new toys
My Easter Kiddo's
Vickie, Mikayla, and Maggie

Alec, Mikayla, and one proud PaPa


THE HUNT



Mikayla all bundled up observing the record LOW temperature Easter Egg Hunt with grandma
WOW...money!

Mamaw and Mikayla
Mommy and her girl!
Another attempt at a family picture!

The Easter Dinner Table


MMMMMM.....Gerber Fruit Puffs!


My mom and me :-)




Alec and his basket from PaPa and Mamaw
His new umbrella that he LOVES!

Mikayla wasn't too sure WHAT to think!




But she sure did LOVE this bunny!


Almost asleep.......

Going...going....GONE!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful glimpse inside your Easter celebration. Most importantly, thank you for thinking of me and my precious Mia! I am so touched. It just so happens, great minds think alike. I had my laptop with me today (for some reason) and I shared pictures of your family (amongst others) to show my mom what wonderful people adoption has brought into my life! You are the best! Love, Petrina

Bekah said...

Awesome family pictures! You have a precious family...I love that picture of her squeezing that bunny and that last picture of her asleep on the couch melts my heart!!!!

Princess Gabby and Prince Hunter said...

Happy Easter Mindy!! What a great time you had today!! I love the picture of Mikayla sqeezing the bunny. Gabby does that too and it is too cute!! Glad to see your family had a great one!

JuJu - said...

Looks like you guys had such a fun time!!!!!!! I am glad you had a great Easter!

JUlia:):)

Kim said...

What a great picture of Mikayla hugging that bunny!! Too cute.

Crystal said...

MIndy--you are just the cutest!!! I love all of the family pics and the pictures of your kiddos!!!! SO SO SO CUTE!!!!--I am loving Mikala's dress!!!!! ooh so pretty!!!!

okay I have to tell you --can you let me in on the secret you and your mom have the most beautiful skin-- what do you use? --Any secrets to give away!!! You both are so gorgeous!!!! :o)