Friday, April 6, 2007

Six Years Ago Tonight

Seven years ago this weekend, Easter weekend, Kris and I officially became a couple. We had dated only two weeks before officially getting together and on Easter we took our FIRST picture together. We met in a small church in Mansfield. I had been going through a difficult time after breaking up with my previous boyfriend and was really depressed. My aunt convinced me to come to church with her and I started attending regularly. It was there that I met Kris, and he got my phone number from I think my aunt, and called me one night. I didn't even know who he was! I wasn't looking for a relationship...I had just gotten out of one. It turns out he had just gotten out of one as well. I was just 20 years old and Kris was 23 and had just gotten out of the Air Force.

It didn't take long for us to become inseperable and to be honest we are still that way to this day. We truly do NOT like to be without each other and can't stand being apart. We did everything together that summer, the summer of 2000. We quit our jobs, seriously, and just spent every single moment together. We had so much fun. It was amazing. Two months after we started dating we already talking marriage. It was meant to be. We both agreed.

In August Kris moved to Canton to take the job as a Deputy Sheriff here. I was so sad. It was only an hour drive but long distance is long distance. A month after he moved up here he proposed to me and the wedding plans began. Originally we planned on getting married in the fall of 2001 but we couldn't stand being apart, and we didn't believe in living together before we were married, so we moved the date up to April 7th.

Everyone was a little stunned. We hadn't even been dating for 6 months and we already were planning a wedding! But we knew we were meant to be. I adore my husband. Adore him! And he adores me. So many people tell us we are just two peas in a pod because we are so much alike and compliment each other so well. And it's true!

So six years ago today, we decorated the hall and the church, had our beautiful rehearsal and dinner, and I went home, the only place I had really ever lived, and slept in my bedroom one last time before getting married.

I love this man, my husband, so much. We are so in love, really even more in love now then ever!
Tomorrow I will post pictures of our wedding:-)
~Our FIRST Picture Together, Easter 2000~
Our SECOND Picture together....same day...EASTER!
~The Dating Days~
~Our Engagement Picture~
~Our Engagement Party~
~This was taken at Rehearsal Dinner...I was soooooo sick. My DR called me in a Z-Pack and thank GOD it worked because I woke up PERFECT for the Wedding Day!~
~Rehearsal Pictures~

5 comments:

Princess Gabby and Prince Hunter said...

Look at those lovebirds. What cute pics, looks like you guys have lots of fun together. That is so important! Cute post!

Anonymous said...

If ever two were meant to be together it is you and Kris and Yes, you two are sure inseperable, that's for sure!
Oh my gosh Mindy! When you look at these pictures you just posted, they are right beside Mikayla's pictures and she looks JUST like her daddy!!!!!!! Just to see them side by side I couldn't help notice that!
I love you all so much!
Mom (cheryl)

Melissa De Mers said...

Happy Anniversary Mindy!!!! :o) I remembered it was coming up soon.

You and Kris are sure a cute bunch. I hope one day Tim & I get to hang out w/you guys. I just know we would all enjoy each other's company.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

Cheryl - if you are reading this - you are just the sweetest mom. Mindy is so blessed you have you. I have enjoyed reading to Haylee the posts you leave on her guestbook. ;o)

Blessings,
Melissa

Blessed Mommy said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Our 3 yr is coming up in one month.. you make me miss my husband :) Love seeing the pics, growing together in marriage is the BEST!!

Our Adoption Process said...

Love birds!

That was us too...life has really changed since then, but for the better, right??

Thanks for sharing. None of our pics are digital and I would never find time to scan all mine like that..
Thanks:)

Kerry