Today a wonderful thing happened in Guatemala. A sweet and very dear friend of mine and her husband became "parents." Another couple became a "family" today in that wonderful Marriott lobby where so many of us have had the same experience. I met their child when I was in Guatemala. I took many, many pictures of her for them and video of her too! She was in the same baby home with Mikayla. I am so happy for you guys and I know you won't be reading this post for a little while, but I wanted you to know that I thought of you all day long and your sweet daughter.
And ANOTHER wonderful thing happened a few days ago! My OTHER dear sweet friend, the one who sent flowers down to the service in Florida (for those of you were there and read this) ALSO became a family and were united with their son! This baby was also in the same baby home as Mikayla. Yes, that's right, I know all kinds of baby home babies and I can't WAIT to get them ALL together for a GROUP PICTURE. I am so happy for you guys too. I love you guys...you are wonderful friends and I know that you are on cloud nine right now...and more then likely...you will NEVER come down!
So...WOOOOO HOOOO.....two more families are now TOGETHER FOREVER!
Adoption, in all aspects, is a wonderful thing. Whether Guatemala, China, the US...wherever. There is no greater joy then the moment the child you have longed for....many of us for years...is placed into your arms. It is just the BEST.
So congrats guys! Can't wait until you are home so we can CELEBRATE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
the anticipation of that meeting is nothing that can be explained.
The first summer we hosted our "foster" child from Belarus... wow! That was the best feeling... and now he will be returning for summer number three in just FIVE weeks and two days!!!
God is good in so many ways!
Mindy,
I have not gotten on the computer lately and I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your Grandma. I know your heart must be hurting and I'm praying for you and your family. What a wonderful tribute you made for her and I'm sure she is smiling down on you.
I am blessed that more families are reunited in Guatemala-it brings joy to my heart!!
I love all the pics of Mikayla and Alec, so cute as always! Take care!
Post a Comment