Monday, April 2, 2007

Mom...

Mom this and mom that and mom why this and mom how this. And the list goes on and on and ON. I heard or read somewhere that the average 4 year old child asks about 400 questions a day. I read this awhile ago but I am here to tell you that it is TRUE! God bless my sweet son who wants to know the ins and outs of the world. His immense curiousity is incredible but exhausting as well! I honestly don't know what to say to 80% of his questions. How do you answer the questions, "MOM...why do the stars stay in the sky and not fall down?" Or how about, "MOM...how do they swirl the two colors together in a Creme Savers Candy?" Or what about this one, "MOM...how does the TV understand that when you press this button that the volume turns up or down?" I mean...what am I supposed to say? SERIOUSLY!?!? I am exhausted. I truly am. But...God bless my son, who never stops talking, and blesses me with his sweet voice even from the outside of the bathroom door when I have to pee. It truly never ends. But I wouldn't have it any other way! And someday...I will remember these days, when the house quiet and my children are grown. I will remember how I begged for just five minutes of quiet time and how then...I will have a lifetime of quiet time and I am sure I will be begging those questions back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ain't that the truth ;)

Melissa De Mers said...

Amen sister! I mean...really if children had a volume button. ;o)

I think the EXACT thing you do as soon as I feel myself thinking "Oh please Haylee...just one minute without talking" - I think - well one day I'll miss this one day.

One day I'll be calling HER to talk her ears off. :o)

Love,
Melissa

Kim said...

I was the same way when I was little. I asked all kinds of why questions. My mom would patiently answer every one. My grandma once told her that she didn't HAVE to answer all of my questions. :)

Our Adoption Process said...

You mean you actually close the door when you pee? You lucky Mom!

Kerry:)