Lots of things happened this weekend and lots of decisions were made between Kris and I about things. First of all, I will not be starting school tomorrow like I had planned. There are several reasons why. One is because I want to be there as much as I can for my mom right now and because of what I am going through on that front I don't even have the remote desire to concentrate on school right now. I want to concentrate on my mom and my family. Period. And actually this is a better decision all the way around for me because if I would have went this semester I would have started my pre-student teaching Spring semester and my student teaching next fall. I didn't like this because 1.) I didn't want to have to separate classes...I would have new students that fall and I want the same students all year long because that is easier. 2.) Alec starts Kindergarten next fall and if I am student teaching I CANNOT be there for him at all. Preschool has NOT started off well and really...it's all too much to write about it but just know that this is what is best for various reasons for me, my mom, and my family.
As for Alec's preschool. He will not be going back. We had several things happen this week that were horrible and inappropriate for a teacher to do. I am not going to get into all of it but I will not allow my child be treated this way by ANYONE especially his own teacher who is supposed to be loving and nurturing. I won't tolerate it and I have already found a new preschool for him that is wonderful. I take Alec in sometime this week to meet the teacher and hang out for a little while. Please pray this is better for him. This past week was really tough for my little guy because of the things that happened.
Lastly, this will probably be my last post until after my moms surgery. It is this Tuesday at 2:00 pm and I am feeling nervous but have a strong faith in God that everything will be OK. Please continue to pray...I know you all are! I will give an update sometime after I know more because I know that so many of you have been praying and inquiring.
Now...here are the pictures:-)


12 comments:
Mindy,
Yes, it sounds like a wise decision for you and your family. I will remember your mother in my prayers. Also you.
I also pray that Alec has a good adjustment to the new preschool and that the teacher is the kind and nurturing person she should be to children.
God bless you,
Gail
Okay, I have pigtail envy. LOL :)
Sounds like a tough choice to make but it seems to make a lot of sense.
Still praying for you all!
NiCole
GORGEOUS KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!
Thinking about you guys and praying for your Mom:)
i am glad to hear you are content with the decisions you have made for your family and so sorry to hear alec had a rough week...whatever happened, a child should never be made to feel anything other than love...i love mikaylas pig tails...they are so cute...lots of prayer for your mom down here in texas
You are definitly making the right decision! When I found out my mom had ovarian cancer...I was starting my first year of teaching. I decided not to teach that year and was able to spend so much PRECIOUS time with her!!! I will have those memories to cherish forever. My career will always be there if I want it, but my mom won't.
May God Bless You in your decision!
Amy
The pigtails look great!!!!! We'll be praying for your mom tomorrow....and for your whole family. You've all had a lot of life changes over the past year.
We'll be praying for you, your Mom and Alec this week.
Cute pigtails! (of course)
Mindy~ The kids are adorable as always sweetie!! I love reading/looking at your blog (even though I haven't posted on your comments..I know..naughty Cindy. lol) You and your family have always in my thoughts & prayers and will cont. to stay there. Love ya tons girl!!
Love, Love, Love the pigtails. Your children are beautiful.
Sorry you have had a bad experience with preschool. There is no excuse for for a teacher being anything but loving and nurturing. Praying that you have a better experience at the new school.
Sharon
I am thinking of you and hope that your mom's surgery goes well, Alec's new school is better and his teacher is kinder, and I think that you are choosing the right path - school seems like too much on your plate right now and your focus needs to be on family...take care...
p.s. I LOVE the piggytails! I can't believe how big Mikayla is getting! She has changed so much and now looks like a toddler!!! She is adorable!
I've been praying for you guys today. I hope everything went well!!
LOVE the hair!!!!
Post a Comment