Well....Alec did GREAT today at Preschool. I got up at 6:30 am to get ready and then got Alec up at 7:45. He was soooooooo tired but he perked right up once he realized it was SCHOOL DAY. I made him breakfast, which he was too excited to eat, and then he got dressed while I got Mikayla up. I wish I would have had the camera to get a picture of Mikayla when I went in and woke her up. She GLARED at me and then SCOWLED before reaching for me. She was NOT a happy camper...and her hair was all matted to the side of her face from sleep. It was hysterical. It was about 7:50 or so when I got her up and she usually doesn't get up until 10:00 am. So it was early for her, early for mama, and early for Alec. I got baby girl dressed, threw on my sweatshirt and we were ready to go. Off we headed in the pouring rain of lovely Ohio.
Once we got there Alec did much better then I expected. He made a friend with a little boy named Owen instantly. They really hit it off and so once this happened I think Alec felt secure. I only had to hang out for about 10 minutes before he was comfortable with me leaving. I slipped out the door and waited outside in the hall to see if he was OK.....he never even noticed I left:-(
So back home to this quiet house I came. I was sad and yup...I cried. Like a weirdo...crying in my mommy-mobile van while driving home. I am sure it was quite a scene for the drivers around me to watch. HAH. It was quiet here and Mikayla laid down for a nap very shortly after we got back. I just kind of sat around the house, thought about how I should clean it, decided I didn't want to, and passed the time.
When I picked him up he was full of stories. He had a great time. They are learning to add and did a food activity with that and also had their bible story which was about how God created the World. He said they played outside for a few minutes when the rain stopped but once it started again they came back in and played inside. He made a spaceship out of blocks and a car out of Play-Dough. He had pancakes for lunch, he loved his teacher, and there was one mean boy in the class that he has decided not to talk too. LOL. Yup...that was the rundown from him. And he said it pretty much the same way I did. So I am happy, Alec is happy, Mikayla doesn't really care, and Kris thinks it's great that I have to get up early now. All in all...it was a WONDERFUL day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


15 comments:
Yeah Alec!! What a big day! I sounds like it went great! Sometimes I think it is harder on the parents then kids:) He is so darn cute with his back pack! And Mikayla is getting so big walking all over!!
See? I told you he wouldn't even realize you're gone. ;o) And don't worry, I CRIED hard on Haylee's first day of preschool too! I felt silly, but I cried. :o)
He is adorable Mindy!!!!!! Awww lovin' those pj's! What a big boy he is.
Love Mikayla's Levis and new bows too!
Hugs
Mel
ps...you guys wake up LATE! We're out of the house by 720am every morning!!! Geez! ;o)
Glad to see that ALec had a great day today! I knew he would!
The picture of him sleeping on the stairs looks just like TYLER in the morning! Tyler is getting harder and harder to wake up as he gets older!! That is why I am working on getting them back on a schedule now!
Mikayla looks too cute toddling around like that! She is growing up way to fast! Give her and Alec a kiss from me please!!
Brandy
Cute, cute, cute! I love the pic with the backpack on --it's almost as big as he is :)
So happy it all went well.
NiCole
OMG Mindy! Yep, a new beginning. He looks so adorable,of course they both are. How cool. I can see your teary eyes! Please give hugs & kisses for me. Aunt Zell
Hooray for Alec!
Look at Mikayla walking! What great kids
Your little/big Alec is so adorable. I am glad he had a good first day at preschool.
Gail
aww, what an emotional day for you im sure mindy.. i cant even imagine sending dylan off to school..the time goes too fast! hope alec had a good first day!!!
Awwww! Those are GREAT pictures of Alec looking like the B.D.O.C (Big Dog on Campus)! I hope you are able to get it all worked out. Call me if you need a shoulder :)
LOVE the pictures! I am so glad that Alec's first day went so smoothly, well for him, I can just imagine how painful it was for you...All of the quietness in the house would be enough to make me go looney!! Also, I am in awe that Mikayla wakes up at 10am!!! WOW! Lincoln wakes up at 7am on the dot every morning...I don't know what I'd do with myself if I had to wait until 10 to play with him:)
Take care!
Hi Mindy,
It's a small world! One of my really good friends was actually at the airport awaiting your arrival with Mikayla, so I have been hearing about you for quite some time. It looks like you have all adjusted so well. Your family is beautiful!
Stephanie
sorry for all the repeat posts! my computer was givineg me error messages in Spanish, and I obviously I couldn't understand them! I kept trying to post and finally gave up, and I see they ALL went through. I'm in Guatemala now...sorry again!
Your children are beautiful...we are in process #26 on our agencies waiting list for a girl...such a long waiting process, but we have done it before- so we kinds know what to expect.
Your daughter is truly beautiful and I am so glad that she is in your arms forever.
Kimmie
mama to 6 (also had secondary infertility...still do I think?)
one homemade and 5 adopted
come meet us!
Post a Comment