Today I met with my Urologist at 11 am to go over the results of my tests. It was a good appointment and Kris was able to get away from work to meet me up there. I really like my DR, she is wonderful, which makes a huge difference. We talked everything over and she feels that right now I need to be put back on daily medication:-( I wasn't thrilled about that at all but had a pretty good idea that it was coming. So I will be starting that now. YUCK. We talked about surgery and she said that there is a new procedure that I would be a great candidate for instead of having the surgery. This procedure is outpatient and basically they take a needle and inject a collagen-like substance around the opening of my ureters. This will help if not eliminate the kidney reflux. It is a relatively new procedure that is mostly done on children but has been done on adults. If it works, and the success rate is very high for this, then I would not need the surgery ever. Right now my kidneys as a whole look good. So that is great news and my reflux was graded as moderate. So we will be checking into this procedure which sounds a HECK of a lot better then open surgery!! So good news today!
I have to thank Gina who drove down here to watch my kids while I went to this appointment. She was so sweet in offering to do this and it's not like she lives across the street...it's an hour drive give or take for her. It just really meant a lot to me that she offered to do it. We took the kids the mall after I got home and shopped a little too. Thank you Gina!!!
She is going to send me some pictures from today she took of the kids...sounds like Mikayla was "ruling the roost" around here while I was gone...she sure does have a resilient and outgoing personality my little girl does! But I will post a few pictures that I took.
I have two prayer requests!
First: My mom...I know a lot of you are already praying for my mom but if you could just continue to pray for her right now I would really, really appreciate it a lot!!
Second: I have two friends that are having very difficult cases right now in Guatemala. I won't go into details due to privacy issues but they need your prayers badly. Please just pray for two sweet girls in Guatemala that need to come home to their forever families!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
SOOOO glad that your appointment went well! Glad to hear that you won't have to have surgery. Oh that Mikayla is such a doll!!! How can you EVER get mad at her with a face like that???!!! Praying for your mom & those having a rough time with their adoptions.
SO glad you heard a good report and that is awesome that you can avoid surgery!!!
Glad your appt went well! That sounds like great news. :o)
The kids look ADORABLE...I can't wait to see the pics Gina took too. I wish we lived closer, I know we'd get along and then Alec and Haylee could play. ;o) As long as Haylee didn't boss him around...LOL.
I'll pray for your Mom..she is ALWAYS in my prayers. Praying for her always. I'll also keep your other friends in my prayers.
Keep Southern CA in your prayers too and us as we are smothered in SMOKE and fire here still. It's such a sad tragedy. The air quality here sucks and they've closed down all of the schools. Therefore, I'm at home today!
Have a great day.
Love ya
Melissa
I am really glad that you don't have to have surgery, you and your mom are in my prayers.
Your kiddos are so cute, Carson loves to look at your pictures, we will have to get together soon, so Carson can see Mikayla in real life!
Take Care
That's great news Mindy! Yay for no surgery!
So glad to hear that your DR appt went well. I will say prayers for your mom and for all the families who are waiting for their special kiddos!
Post a Comment