Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Insane Around Here

I feel like every time I post I am talking about how crazy things are...but they are and I guess it just isn't ever going end...is it!?

I will start with me. I DID pass my Kidney Stone sometime this weekend in the midst of painkillers so I have no idea when it actually passed. But by Monday I was fine. That's all I know. I went to the hospital on Monday for my VCUG (Kidney Test). I have had dozens of these tests done but this one was by far the worst of all of them and the most painful for me. The techs were amazing and let me know what was going on at all times, unlike some techs who just do the job without saying a word leaving you wondering until you meet with the doctor. The good news ended with the passing of my Kidney Stone, unfortunately. As soon as I was full of dye I started refluxing. It was clear as day and this time I actually saw it for myself. So, not good, and the tech did tell me it was pretty strong. It took an hour to do the test and poor Kris was in the waiting room with Mikayla, who is very sick and Alec. And it was Mikayla's naptime. Needless to say he was glad to see me when I was done and we could go home. Once the kids were in bed for the night we talked about it and I have decided that I want to have the surgery done. In the days to come I will try to find a website about the condition that I have and how it effects and damages my kidneys and post it on here. I was diagnosed with this condition as a baby and as most babies do, I outgrew it around the age of 8 or so. But it came back shortly after Kris and I got married which is actually very, very rare. This condition is most prevalent in young children, not adults. That said, my doctor told me last time I would most likely need surgery and I have decided that it is time to do it. I am just tired of dealing with these kidney issues and would like to know for my own future health that I won't accumulate enough kidney damage ( I already have some) that I end up in kidney failure, which can easily happen. Sound wonderful to you? LOL. Maybe I shouldn't have started out this post so depressing but you have all asked and I am telling:-)

As for the kids...they are both sick. Kayla is really suffering and there isn't a THING I can do for her. I hate that. I am just trying my best to make her as comfortable as I can. Alec woke up today a hair under the weather but I couldn't tell if it was allergies or not. So I sent him to preschool. Today was SCHOOL PICTURE DAY! He looked ADORABLE! He is doing GREAT in his new preschool and he loves it which is the BIGGEST relief to me....you have NO idea!

Kris went to the dentist yesterday and had to have four fillings, most of them were replacement fillings because the older ones were no good anymore. He was NOT happy when he came home last night. He was there two hours and Kris HATES the dentist. In fact, he has put this appointment off for THREE YEARS. I scheduled this one and FORCED him to go. The bad news for him is that there are 3 more teeth that need worked on, one of which is a wisdom tooth that is just now giving him issues, and so he has to go back in early November.

In general news we have been dealing with appointment after appointment. It is just NUTS around here. I go in to have some special catscan of my kidneys tomorrow night. Tomorrow morning a county evaluator is coming to the house to look at Mikayla. I haven't posted about it yet, at least I don't think I have, but I contacted them because of her speech delays. They feel it is of concern, after the initial evaluation, and therefore Friday we go for a vision test and next week for a hearing test. Does it ever end? Then Monday both the kids meet with the Pedi for a check-up. Next week is NO better either.

OK...MY WEIGH IN. Not so good this week. I retain water like a crazy woman and I was filled with two bags of IV fluid in the hospital. I couldn't get my rings off for DAYS and bought some pill at Walgreens that helps get "rid" of the water and it has helped. I knew it wouldn't be a good week but I did manage to lose one pound bringing my total to 11 pounds lost. I think this week will be a better weigh in because I probably lost more last week but it didn't show because I was retaining all that water. We shall see! I still feel great about it though! I am in my 6th week now!

Sorry is this SOOOOOOO long. I will try to blog again soon but with two sickies I am sure I will get this soon as well.

My handsome man dressed for School Pictures. I took these once we got HOME so his hair is a little messy by this point!
Just love that smile:-)

What a goof he is!

So...you heard the news that I am sick did you?

Oh yeah...I am sick. YUCK. This Ohio weather is the PITS lately!

16 comments:

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

Wow, when it rains it pours, huh? Certianly better days are right around the corner. Hang in there!!

Sharon

Madelyn's Mommy said...

Wow you have had a week! Mikayla looks pitiful with her sick eyes. I will pray for your family to get better and for Mommy NOT to get it.

Andrea

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

She looks pretty happy for being sick! And to you - I hope you are at peace with your decision and that recovery is quick. Looking VERY forward to Boo at the Zoo Thursday. And if you have questions about the HMG eval adn what to expect, let me know. We went through it all with Bella.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww....Alec looks so handsome! I am so happy he is doing so well being back with Miss Katie. And I can tell by poor Mikayla's eyes that she is not feeling well, but still willing to smile for mommy! They have got to get well SOON because grandma needs to see them!
I miss you all like crazy!
Mom

Steve & Amy said...

What a medical mess! Praying that it all get s fixed soon and that everyone starts feeling better!!! Sending you lots of hugs an bowls of chicken noodle soup:)

Kate said...

I am so glad you are feeling a little better. You will be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope the surgery goes great. Keep us posted. Poor Mikayla! Gabi has been sick also:( It is so hard to see your little ones sick. Alec is as a little stud!! I love that smile!

Rosella said...

OMG, busy I'm sure, but so worth it! You're both wonderful parents. Yes, you must take care of mom & dad so you can keep up with those punkins'! Are you doing trick or treat with them? Alec looks so good! Happy & Handsome! His Aunt Zellie loves him and his sister bunches!!!

Anonymous said...

Well no time is a good time for surgery but I wish you well and hopefully it will help you stay well. I am totally with Kris on the dentist, ugh. Alec looks very GQ all duded out for his pictures. I am glad to hear school is going well for him now. What a relief for you. Mikayla is smiling so sweetly but you can tell from her eyes that she just doesn't feel good. Poor little sweetie. I am eager to hear about your HMG eval too. I think we will be doing that as well soon.
So excited for boo at the zoo!!!
Hugs,
NiCole

veggiemom said...

Ugh!!! What not-so-good days!
Thinking of you all...
Kerri and Ruby

Natalie C. said...

I hope the surgury is the fix. I hate to hear the pain you are in. Poor Mikayla, hope she feels better. How is Alec doing at his new school?

Melissa De Mers said...

I'm glad you're finally getting the surgery, it should help (I would think!).

I'm sorry you're having a sick week! Hopefully next week will be better for your family.

Big hugs,
Melissa

Robyn said...

Sorry things have been so hectic for you. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!!

Robyn

Princess Gabby and Prince Hunter said...

Oh Mindy, I'm sorry to hear about your kidneys. I have had several stones myself and they are awful. What kind of surgery are you having?? I'm so sorry and to do that with sick babies is even harder. Alec sure looked handsome!!! and Mikayla is cuter that ever, I loved that cute pink dress with her initials on it. Sorry it has taken me so long to catch up!!! Lots of hugs!

Jenny and Matt said...

Yuck. Sick stinks.
Sending feel-better thoughts to the whole family!

Jane said...

I pray that you all feel better soon!

I don't miss those cold days in fall and winter in NE Ohio! Want to come to SC with us?

Your test regarding your kidney/bladder.... my husband used to work in a Nuclear Pharmacy....mixing up the "stuff" for your test. His positions were always in AL an SC.

DON'T let satan get you down about the weight. If you are eating what you should, we will chalk it up to water....so this week should be GREAT! It's your health, not the scales that are important. (now for me, not having the proper food in the house these past few days has been bad for me. but so far it is only one pound up for me.) WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!!!!!

prayers to your entire family,
Jane

Blessed Mommy said...

I don't think your kids could be any cuter -- and i hope you're ALL feeling much better soon!!!