So today I had good intentions for a fabulous day. I did...I hoped, I dreamed, well...it didn't happen. HAH.
This morning Kris and I dropped Alec off at preschool (Kris works late on Wednesdays for K9 Training) and headed to Mikayla's eye appointment. The DR was fabulous and after examining her, and based on what I told him, he thinks she is near-sighted. So I have to do some test where I put an ointment in her eyes for three days and then the fourth day we go back to the DR and he does something. I have no idea what. I just know that this ointment will dialate her pupils. If anyone can fill me in on this I would appreciate it, I think I was too exhausted to ask a lot of questions today. But it doesn't sound like fun to me. Kris and I don't have any eye issues so this was our first trip to an eye DR ever in our lives! LOL. So eye people fill a girl in here.
After we got home I got Mikayla dressed and headed to pick up Alec from preschool and then headed to Penny's Portrait Studio for fall pictures of my kids. I put so much thought into matching these outfits. I planned them, ironed them, hung them in the van so that they didn't get wrinkled in the car seats. Went to the appointment and guess what...NEITHER of my children would cooperate. Nope. We got ONE picture. ONE. I was devastated by this. In fact, it was SO bad that I actually cried. IN JC PENNYS. Here I am, Mikayla fussing because she is exhausted, Alec whining and fussing away because he is "done" and here is mommy crying in the lobby. Yup...that was my afternoon. A meltdown at Penny's for me! The girl that takes our pictures, I have gotten to know her REALLY well over the years, just hugged me. She felt horrible. It wasn't her fault either...she TRIED. Well she gave me a package of that picture for free and the Smiles By Wire so when it comes up in about a week I will post it. It's a cute picture...but not what I had hoped for but at least I got ONE. And it was free...God bless her.
I took these when we got home. The real issue is that Mikayla won't stay PUT for a picture. She is too busy. Just look at the pictures...I can't get ONE of her.
She sat here for all of ONE second and then was OFF...leaves in tow
Pretty Mums


10 comments:
Oh Mindy, I am so sorry about your picture fiasco. We have been there, done that, and it is so disappointing! They both look adorable though! I will try to keep myself in line tonight so I don't get into trouble with Officer Alec. Too cute!
NiCole
We just took Caleb's 2 yr old pictures last weekend...same thing. He would not cooperate. I too was devistated. We only got one shot too.
I can totally relate. The same thing has happened to me with our two kids. You did get some cute pictures at home, though. Too cute!
Oh Mindy, that so cracks me up! Won't cooperate huh? A mind of their own? No way. Get used to it. Hee hee. Well the pictures are awesome. Alec a cop! A job to do. He's got alot of jobs now. Let's see the cop, spiderman, big brother, the spy. How fun. Write it all down cuz' they'll be so many more you'll never remember! Enjoy Mindy. No tears. You're blessed beyond.
Mindy...I just had to laugh when you said you cried. Not to be mean or anything, but I've SOOOOO been there with Haylee! I can't imagine TWO kids sitting still for pictures anyway. ;o) Big Hugs!
There was a point (you might even remember) that Haylee would NOT sit for portraits. She would CRY CRY CRY or just want to get up and do her OWN thing. I was furious and upset. It took her a good 2 YEARS almost before she would stop crying and sit still long enough for pics. Now she does just fine, but she does have her moods. I have to kneel down to bribbing now. Works LIKE A CHARM For her!
I bribe her with goldenspoon frozen yogurt (they have what's called a MINI, and to adults it's like 4 bites of frozen yogurt, but for her it's HEAVEN). ;o)
I think with them being sick and you guys being bottled up inside it wasn't that easy for them to sit for pics either. Bless your heart!
Alec is adorable in his costume, what is Kayla going to be???
Love ya,
Melissa
oh mindy, you poor girl -- your penney's story reminds me of last C-mas when I had to go to gymboree and return C-mas dresses for the girls, because (of course,) they weren't coming home. When the lady at the register asked if there was any problem with the dresses, I just cried (I think she was a bit scared) but never the less - fun memories!!
Mindy, Oh how precious their little outfits are!!! You have such good taste. I'm sorry they wouldn't smile for the pictures. I have run in to that too. I love Alec's costume...so precious! Can't wait to see what Mikayla will be for Halloween. My guess is a PRINCESS!! ;-))
Hugs, Rebecca
I totally understand! I tried to take pictures of Drew and Branson and it was too funny!! We'll never get pictures of them together!! Karissa wants Halloween pictures - no way that will ever happen!!
Honey, you're a fabulous mother - don't be so hard on yourself!! The pictures you get are the greatest -you don't need the studio prints - I just love you candids - Keep up the great job!! Aunt Chris
Love the costume and loved seeing you all at Boo at the Zoo. The kids are just so cute!!!! And gowing too fast!!!!!!!
Alec looks too cute in his costume! What a sweetheart.
Post a Comment