Yes, my mother was born on April Fools day:-) We won't disclose her age...although I will tell you she looks so young and wonderful for her age and has the most beautiful skin of any woman I know!
My mom is my best friend. She is the one person that no matter what I am going through I know I can turn to in a "womanly way." Of course my husband is also my best friend but let's face it...there are just things that women understand that men will never relate to. My mom has helped shape the person that I am today. She has raised me to be a moral, strong person that is not afraid to voice my opinion. She has also instilled in me strong religious values and set an example of what it means to be a true woman of God. I truly hold my mother in such high regard. There have been very few people that I have met in my lifetime that practice what they preach...TRULY stand by what they say. My mother is one of those people. She truly is! I have to admit that she is one hard act to follow! But that's what is so wonderful, I don't have to follow HER act because she has always taught me to be my own individual person and to follow my OWN path in life. And that is exactly what I have done.
I truly owe my mother so much. I am blessed, and I know that I am blessed, to be able to call her my mom.
So happy birthday to my number one fan, my cheerleader, my confidant, my shoulder to cry on, my best friend...my mother! I love you mom!



6 comments:
oooh my goodness Mindy-this post is just the sweetest!!! Happy Birthday to your mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have missed you--trying to catching up!!!--It sounds like all is well with you --I will be back tommorrow!! I hope your mom had a very special day!!! hugs to you and her!!!
Mommas rock! I have an incredible Momma too:)I love this post:)
Julia:)
Awww, Happy Birthday Mom!! Sweet post. I also loved your post on your hubby's work. My mom was very involved in canine search and rescue so that was really neat seeing Plato and Kris in the line of duty. Neat!
You are so blessed to have a mom like yours. Not a lot of people can say the same sweet things!
I hope to be the exact mom you described - to Haylee. She tells me everyday that I'm her very best friend. I'm praying she says that when she's older. ;o)
Happy Birthday Mindy's Mom - I've heard great wonderful things about you.
Love - Melissa
Well, that is exactly how I feel about my mom, I just cannot write like you do.
You are such a wonderful writer, and again , we have more in common...
Hugs, Kerry
Mindy,
The pictures are awesome! What a beautiful family. You are very blessed. I am praying for ALL of you. This is a hard time it seems for our whole family. Stay Strong, Mindy, lean on HIM. Keep your eyes in the sky!
Post a Comment