Saturday, July 7, 2007

Catching UP...again!

Oh man what a WEEKEND! And I say that every weekend don't I!? LOL. Yesterday Brandy, Steve, and the kids left to go back to California:-( I am so sad because once again, I feel like we didn't get to see them a lot, however, we are planning to go to Cali in the fall. And really we did see them a lot more this trip then we usually do. We had planned to go to Mansfield to say goodbye last night earlier in the week because we had so much stuff going on in Mansfield that we wanted to spend the night but the kennel we keep Plato at was full. They said they would call if there was a cancellation but we were not counting it. Well low and behold the phone rang at 5:00 pm and it was the kennel. We packed up the kids SUPER fast, Kris ran Plato to Camp Bow-Wow (yes, that is seriously is the name of the place) and we headed to Mansfield with two over-tired kids and two very tired parents. We went out to the campgrounds where some of the family was staying for the weekend to say goodbye to Brandy and Steve and we got a few pictures before they left. Then we headed to my mom and dads for the night. Mikayla REFUSED to go to bed last night until 11:00 pm so it was tough. Then she got up early this morning so we KNEW it would be a looooong afternoon. Oh well!

We headed off around noon to go to Kris' grandma's family reunion. It was such a nice time! It was great to see so many family members all in one place and to see the "history" behind Kris' family. Mikayla was in no mood, however, for "visiting." I was just talking to Kris about it actually. I am not sure if her extreme attachment to Kris and I is because of her adoption or just because of her personality. But whatever it is...when she is tired like she was today...you better stay 10 feet back because she wants nothing to do with anyone if they are not MOM or DAD. Which makes it tough. And makes everyone else sad because they want to hold her so badly and play with her. It upsets me in a way because other people just don't understand why she is like this and they tell me that she has an attitude. I don't think she does at all...I just think she is sketchy when it comes to other people. Anyone else's child still like this 6 months after being home? Just curious.

After the reunion we headed right over to a 60th Wedding Anniversay Party! WOW...SIXTY YEARS! Awesome. This was Kris' OTHER side of the family. It was so nice to see all of Kris' cousins and his aunts and uncles. We really got to see a TON of family in the past month between her birthday and then everything else. Which is wonderful because I LOVE family!

Mikayla slept the entire way home (an hour) from the parties today and then went up to the crib when we got home and slept ANOTHER two hours which meant she got up at 7:00 pm. OMG. My child is upstairs going strong right now. She is sooooo off schedule but I wanted her to sleep. Poor little thing. My kids really have been troopers lately. I am hoping this NEXT week is nice and peaceful. Although.....MONDAY IS MIKAYLA'S READOPTION!


Grandma and Diane and Mikayla

Daddy...I love you...so PLEASE don't try to let anyone else hold me! OK?

ALEC MICHAEL.....love this boy of mine sooooo much!

See her mouth....FULL OF GRASS!

MOOOOOM.....Why did you take my healthy snack of GRASS!?

Oh do I adore this picture of Kris and Mikayla!

Four Generations! Meme (Mike's mom) , Mike (Kris' dad), Kris, amd Mikayla

Meme and Mikayla

Huge Family shot...do I have to explain who everyone is? No? THANKS!

Another Family shot...this is Kris' moms side of the family

Four cousins in the chairs with spouses behind them

Thursday night Alec got up at midnight while Kris and I were down here still and fell alseep on the living room floor:-) Yes, he is wearing a fleece footed sleeper. And yes, it was 85 degrees that day. He likes to sleep in them no matter what time of year it is!

Look at my beautiful son:-)

I might be playing with a new toy...but I still know how to be a princess and cross my feet while in the middle of a play session.

Mom...seriously...no more pictures...I am deep in concentration here!

Thank you Joe, Gina, and Christian for this toy! I love it..it is the bestest!

11 comments:

Jane said...

hope you guys have time to rest on Sunday!

Blessed Mommy said...

i love, love, love your kids.. they are so adorable! sounds like so much fun, and isn't that what summer wkends are all about ;) So, excited for re-adoption day on Monday!!!

JuJu - said...

I just loved the big group pic - so much fun:):)

Julia:)

Anonymous said...

More priceless pictures with family! These are wonderful. I love the picture of Mikayla in her blue jammies with that new toy from her birthday. I thought it looked really fun and Mikayla does sure think so. It was wonderful having you home this weekend. We love you so much.
Mom and Dad
(Get some rest this week, ok!!)
See you Monday!

Joe and Gina said...

Mindy the first thing I thought after looking at all of those pictures is oh my goodness how big Alec looks sleeping in his jammies...I'm so glad Mikayla likes her chair, it is one of Christians favorite toys.

Megan said...

Your kids are too cute!!! I love seeing all the love you guys have! Happy readoption day too!! I cracked up at the name of the dog kennel! Our dog sometimes goes to day care at the "Bow Wow Lounge"! Tee hee! She loves it! Thank you for all the support!!! It means so much to me!

Bekah said...

i also love the big group picture and the bottom two pictures of Mikayla are precious...I love her chubby little arms...can I just come squeeze her! :)

Joe and Gina said...

By the way...did you notice our boys have the same outfit on...hahaha...I just had to point it out..

Steve & Amy said...

WOW what a weekend you've had. For all the running around Mikayla looks like so was such a good sport. It's so nice to have that family time where you get some many generations of the family together! What great memories and pictures!Love the fleece jammies:) Hope you can relax next weekend:)

Brandy's Adventure said...

I am missing you guys already!! Just looking at these cute pics makes me soooo sad we are not closer!! I know it is crazy when we visit, but I love seeing all the family! It was great seeing you guys this time and spending time together! Looking forward to seeing you guys in the Fall, it will be a blast.
I sure do love that family picture of all of us at the campgrounds. Can you send me any you have from there of the group shots? My pics didn't turn out that great...could have been the photographer...ha ha!!
Hugs the kids for me!!
Love ya guys
Brandy

Jaime said...

Looks like a fun packed weekend! I will have to say that I am SO with you on the tired baby wanting no one except mom and dad. Lincoln only wants us when he is over tired and this has happened frequently. He is also sketchy with other people. I feel badly for the grandparents and other family members who want to hold him. They don't say that he has attitude though, they say that he is overly attached with us and that we need to let others care for him!!! Can u believe it?! How can you be too attached to your parents? Crazy how some people think, eh? I wouldn't change it for the world though because after all - they are only little once and I cherish all of the extra cuddles that I get when he is like that - as I am sure you do too...