Mikayla no longer requires us to rock her to sleep. In fact, she never really did require this but we DID it because we LOVED it. When it is time for bed, which is no later then 8:00 pm for her, we can simply put her in her bed, turn on her fan, and she is asleep minutes later. She sleeps like clockwork. But for months and months after she came home we would rock her in the glider and give her her bedtime bottle. So tonight, after she was good and asleep, I started going through my nightly Mikayla withdrawl. So I went up there and got her out of bed and rocked her. And rocked her some more as she slept in my arms wrapped up in her favorite blankie. I treasure moments like those. Just to smell her sweet hair and listen to her breathe. There is nothing better then those moments and tonight, I just had to steal one of those moments to store away in my memory forever!
I haven't been busy this week at all...I just haven't been much up to blogging...LOL. Alec has been at my mom and dads house for a few days because my mom just needed to be with her grandson. So I have been hanging out here and getting some one on one time in with my girl.
Here are some pictures of Kris swinging her last night:-)
3 comments:
down time is need for everyone from time to time...and grandma/grandson time is a must too! You are blessed to have your parents close enough that a few days visit is possible.
Awwwwwww....she looks so happy and is having so much fun! The carefree days of summer.
Grandma Cheryl
Hi Mindy ~ I understand missing the little things about your BABY. I just found an old journal entry from one of my forums when Haylee was born (posted it on H's blog too).
I have almost forgotten all about those days. It's hard to remember when they're all grown up!! But it's those memories that'll last forever, those special MOMENTS in our lives. They sure do make an impact. :o)
Hope you're having a great summer!
Love ya
Mel
Post a Comment