Sunday, July 15, 2007

GUATEMALAN ADOPTION PICNIC 2007!!!!

Since Christmas I have been putting together get-togethers for North-East Ohio adoptive Families. I started it in December because I was having a difficult time with the PGN wait and needed to have lunch with other's adoptive moms that could understand my pain and could relate. I posted a post about it on Adoption.com and had about 14 moms or so reply that they wanted to come. We met, it was WONDERFUL, and many of us have remained friends. Of course this was the day when I met Gina! Since that first get-together we have met up several times. We met a few more time at Max and Erma's and then the last one was at the Akron Zoo. When I came home from the zoo I thought it was high time the MEN in the picture become involved as well! So I decided that the NEXT get-together would be a Summer Picnic. It is going to be a HUGE success with over 15 familes attending thus far. I can't wait!So why am I writing about it on my blog before it happens? Because YOU are invited to come! We all love meeting new people and don't want a single person to feel left out. If you live in Ohio or want to drive in from somewhere else...FEEL FREE TO COME! We would LOVE to have you!

The picnic will be held on JULY 28th in MASSILLON, OHIO at 1:00 P.M.If you are interested in coming and spending the afternoon at a beautiful park with a bunch of other fellow Guatemalan adoptive parents..then PLEASE...COME! The more the merrier:-) If you would live more specific information, which I am not going to post on this blog, then please give me your e-mail address and I will get you the specifics! Hope to see you there!

I also want to note that there WILL be families at ALL stage of the adoption process at the picnic. Of the original group of us (pictured below) most ALL of us now have our babies home...only TWO did at that time. So awesome! However, we have had people join us along the way and there are many families coming that are still in PGN and such. So even if you are paper-chasing, still come!

I am sorry but I am not naming all of these people...although I DO know all of their names:-) This was all of us in December...most of us at that time were either waiting for PA or still in PGN.

Fast-forward 5 months...LOOK at all the babies now home...and many of them are NOT pictured in this picture...so incredible!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mindy,
LOL- I finally figured out how to post on here :)
At any rate, these pics brought tears to my eyes. It is really amazing isn't it, how many babies have come home since December? How blessed we all are!
NiCole

JuJu - said...

OK - you ARE coming to Atlanta - RIGHT??????????????????????????

Our Adoption Process said...

Okay so I want to come so I put it into mapquest and here is what I got:
Total Est. Time:7 hours, 34 minutes

Total Est. Distance: 461.92 miles

Hmmm:(

Blessed Mommy said...

oh, i wish we still lived in OH, I know IL isn't too far.. but we'll just be getting home!!! PS. i didn't get your email. PM if it's easier!

Joe and Gina said...

I cannot wait..We are so excited..Mindy I remember that day of we all met for lunch. I knew from the moment I met you we would be good friends...I'm so glad you organized that first lunch...

Anonymous said...

OK, where is your post?? Aunt Zell is anxious to see more pic's!, PLEASE!