Sunday, July 1, 2007

One HUGE Post!

Well our crazy and fun weekend has come to an end:-( We had such a great weekend and this summer has been sooooooooo much fun!

On Saturday Kris' mom and dad and the kids came up along with Steve and Brandy and their kids. It is a VERY rare occasion that we are ALL together. The guys went golfing...we went to the zoo. And just to clarify for those who do not know. When I say Kris' mom and dad and the kids...I mean Kris' adopted brother and sisters. When Kris got out of the Air Force his mom and dad decided to foster children through the county children's services. Kris and I had only been dating two months when they got their first placement....four siblings...and what was supposed to be a short-term placement turned into an adoption!!! I just wanted to clarify that for those who wondered why I always say that. So anyway...we had a GREAT time at the zoo and from what I gather...the guys had a blast golfing. So awesome that we got to spend time like this together. It was a very special day. And we got some great pictures.

Then today we got up and met Joe, Gina, and Christian and headed up to the Indians game. It was a BEAUTIFUL day for a game and believe it or not it was actually CHILLY in the shade...which was NICE. I would SO rather by chilly then buring up like I was at the Father's Day game. The kids were so wonderful today! We just truly had a fabulous time. I seriously feel so lucky to have met so many wonderful people like I have through our adoption. We have several close friends that we made through this process and those friendships mean the world to me. Joe and Gina are such amazing people...I adore them and their sweet baby boy!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and I hope everyone is ready for the FOURTH. We are excited since this is Mikayla's first July 4th...last year doesn't count since she wasn't in America and was not a citizen:-) WOOOOO HOOOOO!

My amazing son Alec
Sitting next to a fake Slider...LOL
Christian chasing after Alec
Smooches from Daddy
Do you even get any cuter then me mom?

Family Picture

Mikayla and me, Christian and Gina
Mommy and Mikayla

Daddy and the princess

GO TRIBE!!!! HOMERUN!!!!!


Was that a firework?

Daddy and Christian:-) Soooo sweet those two....

View from our seats

"Snuggled" up to daddy in her carrier


WHEW.....what a day:-)

The ENTIRE Family
In the front: Maggie, Victoria, Percy, and Annie
Left: Kris, Me, Mikayla, and Alec
Middle: Mike and Diane (Kris' parents..duh)
In front of Mike and Diane: Chelsea holding her sister Jaelyn
Right: Steve (Kris' brother), Brandy, and Tyler (also Chelsea and Jaelyn's parents)
Was that confusing? LOL.

Just us...not repeating everyone. LOL.

Brothers!

Sister-in-laws...and FRIENDS!

Steve, Brandy, Holly (Brandy's sister), Me, and Kris

Alec feeding animals at the petting zoo

WATER=FUN

Me and Kayla

The kids having fun in the water

Trying to eat grass...AGAIN!

Picture Pose!

Train time!

Silly Girl

HAHAHAHAHA...that's all folks...check back again soon:-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved all of the pictures! What a fun weekend you have had. I love the family pictures (what life is truly all about, those times with family) I sure wish this got to happen more often for all of you.
Go Tribes! Great game today. I looked for you all on TV. The kids looked like they held up really well. The picture of them sleeping on the way home is so cute.
LOVED THEM ALL!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy! I have finally made it over to your blog. I miss keeping in touch with you.
Alec is such a handsome little man and Makayla is getting so big. Man where has the last year went.


Love
Angela

Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy! I have finally made it over to your blog. I miss keeping in touch. The kids are beautiful!!

Angela

Jaime said...

What a great weekend you all had! I love the pictures. Geez...the kids just get cuter and cuter, eh? Take care...

Jane said...

Mindy, I had not heard the story about Kris' parents adopting the 4 children... I LOVE that! While most are off traveling and enjoying an empty nest, they filled theirs with children from God. How AWESOME!!!! You have great in-laws!

The Braun's said...

Mindy you have such a beautiful family!! It looks like you had such a great weekend! I loved all the pictures! Alec is getting so big & your little princess is just a beauty. I've missed you lots, stop by sometime:) take care~
~Hugs~
Wendy (leightons mommy 2002 moms)

Megan said...

Go tribe!! What a fun summer weekend! The love you all have shines through and is so much fun to share with you all! Happy summer!

Joe and Gina said...

Mindy...we had so much fun at the game. It looks like you all had fun at the Zoo. See you there tomorrow....

Melissa De Mers said...

Great pics! Don't worry about not reading my blog...I think I'm actually addicted to these blogs. ;)

The whole family pics look great! I hope I get to meet you someday!!

Love ya - Mel