Saturday, July 21, 2007

Alec and Haylee...sitting in a tree:-)

OK so they are not quite THAT age yet but they sure do have the sweetest friendship! Alec was born in August of 2002 and Haylee was born a few months later in January of 2003. We visited Haylee two days after she was born in the same hospital where Alec was delivered and the two have been friends ever since. In fact, Alec spent the night with Haylee before he was even ONE. They get together quite a few times throughout the year to spend the night with each other and they never miss each other's birthday's. They are friends for life I think. I truly do think that and they are SO adorable together. It is so funny to listen to them talk back and forth about things. Sooooo funny. What a fun age this is.

Haylee's mom dropped her off this morning around nine and we headed up to the Akron Zoo around noon because Haylee had never been there. Alec was sure showing her the "ropes" of the Akron Zoo since I think this was his fifth trip there this summer. It's always a good time even though it was PACKED today since the weather was so beautiful! Here are the pictures from today:-)

On our way to the ZOO!

Isn't this the SWEETEST picture!?

Welll...they sure don't weight much!

Ringing the bell in the train:-)

Checking out the turtles

Haylee has her eyes closed but this is still a cute picture

Alec loves crossing this rope bridge!

This thing was sticking it's tongue out at Alec! He was feeding it crackers.

Looking at some HUGE birds and I have no idea what they were...sorry! LOL

Haylee wanted this picture with Mikayla. She ADORES Mikayla and keeps talking to her and such and Alec tells her she is NOT allowed to talk to Mikayla because she is HIS friend...not Mikayla's! HAH!

Haylee just threw her crackers at the animals. She was a little scared of them.

Mom...the sun is TOO bright for a picture!

After I took this Haylee said...I think I am going to look BEAUTIFUL in that picture!

This is another pretty shot!

Silly Friends!

Hey mom...are you going to take my picture too?

I can't believe you took me back to this zoo AGAIN! How many times am I going to have to go to this place?!?!?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh are these pictures cute! I think you could actually do a whole scrapbook of pictures through the years of Haylee & Alec!! That zoo looks so nice! It was such a beautiful day too! Glad you all had fun. Give the kids a kiss for me!
Mom

Melissa De Mers said...

That is so cool! First of all I am IMPRESSED that someone has the same way of spelling "Haylee" as we do!!! It is NOT common actually. :o)

Anyway...I hope my Haylee gets to meet Alec one day too. She knows him by his photos (knows his name and Mikayla too!).

Looks like you guys had a great day at the zoo!!!!

Bekah said...

They are so CUTE together. Love that they are best buddies. Mikayla is hilarious...love that last picture!

Steve & Amy said...

Too Cute!! Looks liek everyone had a great day at the zoo! We too are frequent visitors to the zoo:) Mikayla looks so adorable in the pics (as usual)!

Amy said...

you have a beautiful family, thank you for the comment on my blog. Mikayla is adorable,

Anonymous said...

So cute! I guess our kiddos can always get summer jobs as zoo tour guides. They are going to know the place by heart.
BTW- the bird is a condor. :)
NiCole

Anonymous said...

They're SO cute together!!! Looks like a fun day!