Mikayla started taking steps last night!!! For the past few days she has been standing herself up on her own so we knew she was close. She doesn't need anything to hold on to or anything...she just stands herself up! Then she tries REALLY hard to walk. Tonight I caught her taking a few steps on the video I am posting below! She has a "waddle" kind of walk! Sooooo adorable!
So these pictures are not very good because guess what!? I AM SOOOOOO SICK. I have a terrible sinus infection that has moved into my lungs. It is SO bad that today I went to the DR who put me on a whole bunch of "stuff" and gave me a breathing treatment. So when mommy is sick...Mikayla doesn't look her best because mommy doesn't do her hair! LOL. OH...and of course the picnic that I have worked SO hard on is this SATURDAY! So...say a prayer for me. We have 18 families coming to the picnic and not only am I sick...but it's supposed to be the first rainy Saturday of the summer! What luck I have!
I promise better pictures soon!
So these pictures are not very good because guess what!? I AM SOOOOOO SICK. I have a terrible sinus infection that has moved into my lungs. It is SO bad that today I went to the DR who put me on a whole bunch of "stuff" and gave me a breathing treatment. So when mommy is sick...Mikayla doesn't look her best because mommy doesn't do her hair! LOL. OH...and of course the picnic that I have worked SO hard on is this SATURDAY! So...say a prayer for me. We have 18 families coming to the picnic and not only am I sick...but it's supposed to be the first rainy Saturday of the summer! What luck I have!
I promise better pictures soon!


15 comments:
How exciting!!! We are sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. We are saying prayers that you get better! Can't wait to see Mikayla walking all over the place.
YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHH!!! What a big girl Mikayla!!! How exciting! I really hope you feel better and I will say extra prayers for you!
Oh how precious! She is going to be taking off any day now. We love you Mikayla!
Grandma and PaPa
Yea Mikayla!!! That is such exciting news! I just LOVE her little waddle...too cute. She has beaten Lincoln to the punch. He is still in the phase where he NEEDS to hold on to something or he will fall in dismay...
I hope you are feeling better. What a bummer! I am praying for great weather and good health...It can't hurt to hope right?! I look forward to seeing all of the pics from Sat. I never got back with you but I have to work so I won't be taking the LONG trek down to you. Sorry to bum you out ;) Take Care and eat plenty of chicken soup and get lots of lovin' from Alec and Mikayla and I'm sure you'll be feeling better in no time at all!
she is so adorable... the "concentrating" photo looks like she is wondering "what are these things down there... what am I supposed to do with them again?" "But why.... daddy will carry me to the alter when I am 30 and getting married!" lol... she is beautiful as always, even without mommy feeling well, and not spending tons of time on her hair!
Does your doc have you on a Z-pack??? That is some GREAT stuff. I get bronchitis regularly with my asthma...the Z-pack knocks it out with one round.
Go Kayla Go!!!! :o) She is so cute Mindy. I hope you feel better soon, I have a sinus infection right now also. :o( No fun. Praying you're better before your picnic!
Mindy,
Thanks for your comment on my blog! Yes, you are absolutely welcome to link to mine. :) Mikayla is soooo adorable! It looks like she came home a few days after Jayden. I hope all is going well for you (I'll try to catch up on everything now that I have your blog, but right now it is late and I need to go to bed!)
Blessings,
~Rachel
you go Mikayla! Praying you feel better ASAP Mindy!
I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well - especially with your big weekend coming up!!
Mikayla will be running around all over the place very soon!! How exciting
WOWOW BIG GIRL Mikayla!!!!!! She has really taken off! Just not long ago she was crawling for the first time and here she is walking. Isn't it amazing how fast they learn when they get home??? (Kemry was also a wet noodle at 7mo at pick up).
That's so great!
So sorry we're going to miss the picnic tomorrow. Isabella is still so sick and I don't want to risk passing it on to other little ones. Hope you have a great day!
Yeay! What a big girl! It's a mixed blessing once they start walking -- I can only hope to keep up with Elena now that she is fully mobile (and she loves to go hide around the house on mommy).
Hope you feel better soon!
~Beckie
so sorry you are sick...You go sweet pea...WALKEY WALKEY WALKEY will soon be RUNNY RUNNY RUNNY believe me!!! HAHA
pretty soon you wont be able to keep up with her...thanks for the video
Way to go, Mikayla!! Hope Mommy is feeling better soon!!
Robyn & Gabriella
Post a Comment