Today was amazing. It truly was. There is nothing better then being in one place with so many beautiful children, in which we have been blessed with, from the gorgeous country of Guatemala. There was so much laughter and joy that my heart is full for a very, very long time because of this one incredible day. We all know that adoption is an unbelievable experience. It brings people together that may have never crossed paths. It molds families and creates common threads. Today, we celebrated together. We celebrated the joys of adoption. We watched our children play together, smile at each other, stare at each other...our children that used to be so far away from us all. I couldn't help but think back to our first luncheon when most of us were there together pining for our children to come home. In the past 6 months we have lifted each other's spirits, been a source of support for each other, and been each other's number one fans! We have watched child after child come home and we wait with and support those who are still waiting to bring home their children. We are....one big happy adoptive family now. Truly...so many of you feel like my family.
So today at 1:00 pm the cars started rolling in and the the celebration began. The food was wonderful , the weather (although VERY sticky) was beautiful, and the park couldn't have been nicer. We visited, we laughed, we talked, we admired all the children. It was a GREAT time. All the efforts that went into making this event possible were worth every second. I am so excited to have started this wonderful tradition. I can't wait to watch our children grow together for years and years to come.
I know MANY of you that were there read my blog and I just want to thank you all for being a part of today, for making it possible, for taking the time to make this picnic all that it was and more! To my friends...you are all the best...and I mean that from the bottom of my heart!

View from the little bridge you cross to get to the picnic

The "location" LOL

Just a few of my wonderful fellow Guatamommy's

The best husband in the world....who supports me and helps me make all my "ventures" like this one possible. I love you Kris! OH....and this is her beautiful dress we bought her while in Guatemala. It is all hand-stitched!

Gina~without your help I couldn't have done it! You are one amazing person...a true best friend in every sense of the word!

Look at this amazing cake! Thank you to the wonderful people that donated the money so that we could get this beautiful (and yummy) cake. You know who you are and trust me when I say that I appreciate it so very much!

Almost time to eat!

Camille is ready to PICNIC!

Just a few more fellow Guata-families!

Picnic Shot Take #1

Picnic Shot Take #2

Mikayla and Devon checking each other out. Mikayla is admiring Devon's awesome outfit and Devon is admiring Mikayla's Hairbows!

Look at sweet Devon....she has been home around a month!

Grabbing the loot after breaking the first Pinata!

Mikayla gives it her all!

She is waiting on her little brother to come home from Guatemala! They have PINK and will be traveling to bring him home very soon! Another baby will be joining the group!

Go Christian GO!

Sweet Camille!

Alec has the BEST time today! There are A LOT of big brothers to little Guatemalan sisters and they were ALL at the picnic! What GREAT big brothers they are too!

My beautiful daughter...I love her so much! Melissa...do you recognize anything??

Another sweet shot!

We looked over at her and she looked up at us and then laid her head down and went to sleep! It was sooooo cute! She was so good today...ALL the kids were good today and trust me when I say it was HOT and MUGGY there!

Sleeping Beauty!

Group Stroller Shot!

Gina and I :-)
12 comments:
Looks like a blast...maybe Mason and I will drive in from Chicago next time!! Having a awesome time here in Guatemala..thanks for the message! Luv, Megan
awww I wish we could have come! let me know when the next get together is. that is so special.
Ohhhhhh Mindy it looks like SO much fun!!!! I wish I was adopting from Guatemala and lived in Ohio! LOL!! :o)
Aww Mikayla looks ADORABLE in her daisies. :o) I LOVE daisies!!!!! That makes me wonder if your Mom's is growing (the one I sent her). Hmmm.
Oh how I wish we lived closer!
Love you,
Melissa
Oh what fun !! I had so much fun planning this with you. I'm so glad I came to that first lunch. It was incredible to see all of the children that have come home. I can't wait to do it again...
Looks like everyone had a GREAT time!! I wish we could have fit it into our schedule!! Maybe we'll catch the next event. The pictures of Mikayla sleeping are too cute! Her dress is absolutely beautiful!
Mindy, what fun!!! Reading your comments made me tear up. What a special Mommy Mikayla has and what a beautiful daughter you have!!! I love her dress, where did you get it? If in Guatemala, where?
-Jaimee
Hey there, so happy to see you were well enough to enjoy the great picnic. You guys all look so happy!! I loved the part of your post about how you were all pining for your kids a ways back. To see everyone so happy with their gorgeous children at home gives me a bit of hope again. You truly are special! XOPetrina
Looks like everyone had a wonderful time! So sorry we couldn't make it with a sicky baby, but we can't wait for the next get-together.
I'm so sorry we couldn't make it this time around.
I guess you know we've been a little busy!
Hope to see you soon!
Mindy, I can't even begin to tell you what an awesome job you did! We had a great time and it is so wonderful to see these children HOME! These get togethers will be such a treasure for the children as they get older.
Love,
NiCole
looks like soooo much fun!!! hey, girl can you email me your address??
Oh I love the pictures many. The get-together sounds amazing! I hate we are so far away. I'm glad you guys had a great time. Hugs, Rebecca
Post a Comment