Monday, July 30, 2007

Our Adoption Story!

Earlier this week I was contacted by someone who runs the website http://www.northcoastmoms.com/ about the possibility of writing a story about our adoption. She had come across my blog somehow and wanted to know if I would be interested in doing this and that they would feature the story on their website (which is affiliated with Channel 3 News out of Cleveland). I told her I would love to share our story so off to the writing pad I went. Today it was uploaded on their website and will be the feature for the week! I am so excited that I was able to share our story and show the positive side to International Adoption....especially with so much negativity right now in the news about IA. I hope that you will take a minute to read it:-)

http://www.northcoastmoms.com/

In crazy other news...I was stung by a bee at the Adoption Picnic on Sat. I have never been stung before so I had NO idea how I would react. Well...I reacted. HAH. My entire foot is swollen to the point where I can not wear shoes and is itchy, red, and painful. It is SO bad that I went to Statcare today. They said I needed to take steroids to help get rid of the reaction so I started those tonight. Please pray that they help because I am one itchy woman. My poor foot.

Alec and Mikayla have now come down with my lovely cold. I guess I should have expected that. Why do I even wash my hands ten thousand times a day when I am sick and Lysol everything because my kids always end up getting it anyway!!! So Mikayla is miserable and so is Alec. Poor kids! I, however, am much better....except for my gigantic foot!!!!!!!

Mikayla is taking more and more steps lately. She is getting SO sturdy on her feet and I am so proud of my little sweetie! I just want to freeze both my kids in time. They are getting big WAY too fast! Alec's Fifth Birthday Party is in TWO weeks and we are excited for it. It's a Finding Nemo theme this year and I am having it at Sippo Lake so the kids are all going to fish and such. Should be a good time!

9 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

I already told you how proud of you I am! :o) I loved the article and read every word!

I want to pinch myself right now, are the 2002 kids REALLY turning 5???? I mean, really? She's the only one I have (so far!) so it's really bittersweet. Really makes me want another!! Hopefully one day soon.

Love ya!
Melissa

Monique said...

Congrats! What a wonderful article. It sure made me smile.

Jenny and Matt said...

Great job, Mindy!
I read that story thinking 'me, too,' 'yep, me, too'.............. hhahaha


Look how tiny Mikayla looks in that picture taken (by whom?) just a short time ago! She's growing right up! Can't believe she's walking!
What a sweetie!

Susan said...

Mindy,
Great job in writing your story. Thanks for sharing it. We are all truly blessed by the gift of adoption! Your family is beautiful!

Susan

Steve & Amy said...

What a wonderful story to have published! Hope that the kids get feeling better soon!!! Hope you foor comes back to it's regular size too! By the way did you go to University of Toledo?

Kate said...

Mindy~
WOW!! I have tears running down my face!! I am so happy to see a positive story on adoption!! You did a amazing job writing it!
Kate

Anonymous said...

What a great article! You did such an amazing job writing it. I have tears streaming down my face now and feel so very blessed to also be touched by the wonderful joy of adoption. Thanks for sharing your families story.

Kevin, Isabella, Jennifer Kramer said...

What a great article! Congrats on publication!

Jaime said...

I am still all sappy from reading your article...it was very well written and I LOVED it! Congrats! That is really neat...Again, great job and I love the new pics!