Today was the day! Our sweet daughter officially became Mikayla Faith in the eyes of the law! We were so blessed to be able to have Diane, the kids, my mom, and Gina and Christian there to celebrate this special day with us. Having them all with us was so wonderful and made the day that much more special to Kris and I. The judge was running a bit behind so we were called into the courtroom at about 11:30 am. Can you say nap time? LOL. Sweet Mikayla was a real champ through the entire thing. The judge, Dixie Park, was fantastic and truly wanted to hear every detail of our entire adoption from the day we decided to adopt to the day we brought her home. We were in court for about a half hour answering all of her questions. I was surprised as I didn't expect to be asked a lot since what I have heard from others is that this is a quick process. It actually meant a lot to us that the judge wanted to hear about so many details. She was truly interested in everything and that was really neat to me! She then gave our family and friends a chance to speak and they all had one thing to say...that Mikayla is our blessing from God. Amen to that! We took some wonderful pictures and then loaded back into the vans and went to Applebees to celebrate! We got Mikayla a beautiful cake with her name on it and flowers from Kris and I. Christian bought Mikalya her first jewelry from a boy:-) Two pairs of adorable earings, one set is hearts and the other set is butterflys! My mom got Mikayla a beautiful bouquet of a dozen roses. We had such a wonderful time eating out and celebrating today.
Not a day passes by that I don't relaize the miracle that God has given to Kris and I by allowing us two beautiful children to call our own!

Kris, Mikayla, and I before heading into the courtroom
Our Family


Walking in her pretty dress (with daddy's help of course)

Christian, Daddy, and Mikayla

She was so beautiful today in this sweet dress:-)

Look at my pretty locket from my Grandma Cheryl and PaPa Barry!

It's Official!

Us with my sweet mommy:-)

Us with Kris' Family!

My very best friend Gina and Christian with us!

You are MIKAYLA...daddy says

My mom and I....mom...I love you so much...so very much!

Celebrating at Applebees!

Kris, Diane (his mom) and Mikayla

Are you kidding me? That cake has milk in it and therefore I can't have ANY!? Well pass me the cheerio's then!

Cake:-)

Christian...wanting cake!

Getting Sleepy...

Gone....both kids...sound alseep in the driveway back home!

Back up! After a nap!

Smiles!

So am I REALLY Mikayla?
Oh good! I really like my name!

Roses from Grandma Cheryl and PaPa Barry

Princess flowers for....A PRINCESS!

My earings from Christian! I LOVE them!
17 comments:
CONGRATS!!! I love the princess cup.
Mikayla Faith!!! Welcome home officially! Congratulations on the last step of the adoption! Let the fun continue! God bless you all!!! So excited for you!!
Congratulations Ousley's! What a great day!
We are all so blessed to have dear Mikayla Faith Ousley in our family. To get to share this day with you, my daughter, was something I didn't take for granted. I am glad I was able to share this journey with you. What an answer to prayer she is and I know how happy today made you. It was perfect.
I love you all so much,
Mom
Congrats on being DONE !! Its a good feeling ! The kids are beautiful as usual !!
CONGRATS on this milestone!!!!!The pictures are wonderful...as always. She is such a little sweetheart!!! She has great parents too! What a wonderful life Mikayla Faith is going to have. HUGS, Rebecca and Zachary
CONGRATS! It's finally all finished! I just LOVE all of Mikayla's dresses!! Where do you get them???!! She looks like such a little princess as usual! Congrats! Hugs!
sooo exciting!!! what a great day!
You are so incredibly blessed Mindy....oh so blessed. It's truly a treasure to share each day you post on your blog with you.
I have learned so much more about you - even more than when we were on the forum.
Take care & welcome home Mikayla Faith Ousley. What a sweet day!
Love
Mel
Congratulations!! How wonderful that it is all official. Looks like you had a great day! Your family is precious and I am so happy for you! Welcome Mikayla Faith!
bawling my head off thinking about how sweet that day will be for our family:):)
Congratulaitons and we celebrate this special time with you:):)
Julia:)
Oh what a special day! I was suppose to be there! Oh well, I got to be there for her birthday party, which was the most elegant party I have ever seen!!! So I am counting my blessings for what I did get to do and the time I got to spend with Mikayla! What a sweet girl! I know it's hard with the attachment issues, but everyone will get over it! Trust me, I have Jaelyn and she is still getting over her attachment issues! It's hard when we are with them every WAKING moment and all they know! That is why Jaelyn has her issues and it's hard when we go home cause she doesn't want anything to do with anyone. Hopefully it will get better the older she gets. Jaelyn is getting a little better.
I am so thankful that Mikayla has joined our family and she is such a joy and blessing to you guys! It was good to see how happy you guys are with your family of FOUR!
I love you Mikayla Faith Ousley!!!!
Love,
Aunt Brandy
Congratulations. She is a beautiful little girl. I hear so many good things about you and chris from Gina that I am glad she finally has some true friends like you guys. Thank you for the comments on Kayla, one day that will be you who is sending there daughter off to college. Hopefully we will get a chance to meet one of these days. Enjoy
Lisa
CONGRATS!!! I love the family photos! Beautiful...all of you!
Christian and I were so honored to be there. It was such a beautiful and special day. We had a good time being able to spend time with your family. What a wonderful journey it has been bringing these beautiful children home and meeting such wonderful friends....Love you guys !!!
CONGRATULATIONS MIKAYLA FAITH
Congratulations. I remember out re-adoption day. It is very heart warming to know all the paperwork is OVER and you are family!!!
Aves
YEAH MIKAYLA FAITH!!!!! What a super day you had. Congrats on your re-adoption, you are part of an amazing family!!
Post a Comment