Saturday, February 3, 2007

Formula Issues and More Pictures

Things are going really, really well. Mikayla is really quite at home here and we are having a GREAT time. One of the best things is that I have to go SHOPPING again. Most ALL of her clothes are 6-9 months and she is not at ALL ready for that size yet. She is a TINY little thing and so we have to go get her some more clothes for NOW. Only we CAN'T because it is 5 degrees here and we are in a Wind Chill Warning because of the temps. I refuse to take her out in this type of cold weather. It's just too cold for her.

To explain the formula issues I really have to go back and start with our visit trip back over Labor Day. Mikayla didn't seem "right" and was very fussy. After some research we learned that the meds she was on were used to treat acid reflux in babies. And boy did she EVER have reflux. So Kris and I switched formulas while we were on that visit trip to a formula called NAN HA1. (NAN is made by Nestle/Carnation and Goodstart is the US brand). We put her on this formula because it helps with the reflux. It changed her instantly and she was much happier. We were thrilled but NEVER expected her to have milk allergies. Well...we were told that she has milk allergies and that is why they kept her on the special formula. I was really skeptical of that (thinking she just had bad reflux) until we got home and I tried to introduce a new formula. We started doing half Goodstart and half NAN HA1. She almost INSTANTLY was sick from it. Runny nose, rash, very upset belly, could not sleep. I felt TERRIBLE. So that good news is...she has a milk allergy and now I know it's true at least. The bad news is that there is NO US brand of this formula. YIKES. So I have a VERY AWESOME friend traveling to Guatemala next week who is picking up some more of this formula for me. THANK GOD FOR HER. Then next Wednesday we meet with the International Adoption Doctor and I will discuss what needs to be done. So there you have it...our first ISSUE. LOL.

In other news, Mike, Diane (Kris' parents) and the kids (the four children they adopted) all came up here today. Kris' dad, Mike, couldn't get off work to make it to the airport so this was his first time meeting his sweet grandchild. It was fun day. Here are some pictures.

Alec is STILL so proud of his sister

Grandpa Mike and Mikayla

She is happy and full in this picture...and ready for a nap!


Dad...will you do that thing where you throw me up in the air and catch me. I just love it when you do that!



Don't you DARE take this toy away from me mom


I have her toy behind my back so we could take this picture....it looks a little strange.


I love this picture because her eyes look so pretty


Mom...please stop taking my picture!


Grandma Di and Mikayla


Grandma and Grandpa Ousley

Isn't this one SWEET?

Can I eat this?

No comments: