OK...I know I am usually SOOOOO good about updating this each day. But let's face it, you come to see the pictures NOT hear about “this and that.” OK so I am sure you care about the "this and that" a LITTLE bit but you like the "this and that" to come with pictures. Well...there have been no pictures lately because I have had two VERY sick children and STILL have two VERY sick children. Mikayla is on her 2nd round of antibiotics and Alec is very sick. Actually today has been the worst day of all for him. But, even in his sickness, he adores his sister and put on a smile so I could get a picture of the two of them together. Mikayla is much better. She got two shots (Prevnar (sp) and a flu vaccine) on Monday. She was MAD and the she did NOT react well to the shots. She ran a very high fever and was very upset and fussy for about 36 hours following the shots. The BIG news is that she has gained an ENTIRE pound since we have been home. WOW! The other news is that she is now sitting by herself! When we picked her up she was like a wet noodle. Now she is sitting and getting so much better at her gross motor skills. What an improvement. I am thrilled!
Yesterday we had our 2nd Ohio Luncheon. We had about 20 people and kids there and it was wonderful. I organized one back in December and it was a hit so I decided to do it again. I had it at Max and Erma's up here in Canton and we had a YUMMY cake and did a kitchen towel exchange. It was so fun to see all the new babies that were NOT home in December and meet new friends. It was fun and I am going to have one each month now. I am going to post a picture from it.
Now...the most exciting news...although Mikayla sitting up on her own it pretty big news...is that today we got Mikayla's Certificate of Citizenship! OMG! I cried and cried when it came. It just felt so good to see it. In the packet was a letter from President Bush welcoming her to American and explaining the true value of becoming a citizen in the United States. It was very touching to read. It was a wonderful moment. It was. Now...on to the pictures. She is not real smiley because she is still a little under the weather from her shots. OH...and thank you so much for all of you wonderful comments about the video I made for her. They were all sooooo sweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
We got our CoC last week, too. It's exciting, isn't it?! Just one more thing to make it official.
She's sitting up alone?! That's great! Isn't it amazing how much they are growing and changing before our very eyes!
Yay Mikayla!
Yeah on the COC, that does get emotional. I cried too! Cute pics, glad the lucheon was fun!
Post a Comment