So we braved the Sunday lunch crowd and went to Bob Evans with my mom and dad. I could not take being cooped up in this house any longer. I had to get out, even being sick. I just didn't care anymore. Then we came home and just hung out with my parents. It was a very nice afternoon. I miss my parents a lot and love it when we get together...which is not that often.
On Friday, Diane (Kris' mom) and MeMe (Kris' grandma) came up for a short visit. It was so nice to see them both even though I was feeling pretty crappy that day too. I ended up getting REAL sick later that night. They were not able to stay long because Kris' mom is headed to California to visit Steve and Brandy (my brother and sister-in-law) and their children (my adorable nieces and nephew) and didn't want to risk getting sick. Can't say I blame them one bit because this has been the PITS. So we got a little family action in this weekend despite our colds and whatever else we have.
I also want to ask everyone to continue to pray for all the familes adopting right now from Guatemala. They really need our prayers and we have to believe that God will allow all of those beautiful children to come home to their families. I will NOT believe anything different!!!
Enjoy the pictures.
OK...now the following pictures are a FAILED attempt at trying to get a REALLY good picture of Mikayla in this dress that she looked soooooo pretty in. She was looking at Alec in EVERY picture who was trying SOOO hard to get his sister to smile. She ended up smiling in ONE picture...which I posted...and which of COURSE turned out blurry! WHAT LUCK! Literally five minutes after these pictures she was fast asleep...so maybe I should have picked at better time for a photo shoot!




OK MOM! I am TOTALLY ready to smile. I am up from my nap now...happy and ready for your camera. Oh...what did you say mom? The photo shoot is over and I don't have my dress on anymore? Oh well! I am still going to smile!


7 comments:
Can I just say that I feel like the most blessed Grandma in the whole wide world to have the granchildren that I do! Your dad and I enjoyed today so much and had such a nice time!! Also enjoyed your homemade chocolate chip cookies you made for us!
We miss you already!!
Mom (Grandma Cheryl)
Mindy,
You have such a beautiful family. I ordered bows this week and am waiting for them to arrive. Thanks for sharing your "ebay" bow lady with me. Can't wait to take pictures of Evvy with her new bows.
Susan (guatemomtobe)
She is so cute in the crib pics!!
You guys better get healthy soon!
I know the feeling. Maya has been sick more than healthy since her adoption!
Feel good!
Hugs, Kerry
The pic of Mikayla with your Mom is too cute!!
Julia:)
Just a warning - that cell phone - it's cute now - but it will DRIVE YOU NUTS!!! (and can you believe that MY mom bought it also??) I also noticed that your dad has the same head tilt you do in pictures. How cute is that!?!? I hope you guys get to feeling better soon.
Very cute pics! I bet your parents had fun with the kiddies! I have to tell you that I ordered that dress for Gabby for Easter. It was just too cute on Mikayla. Hope you all feel better soon!
I will pray for the sickness to leave your house !! My babies have been sick since we got home too --- now they have bronchial pnemonia :( PS Your babies are the cutest sick kids I have seen :)
Post a Comment