Tuesday, March 6, 2007

OK I am FED UP!

Mikayla is still sick and this is getting ridiculous. Tomorrow I am calling the doctor to take her back in AGAIN to be seen. She is still coughing terrible and she was REAL clingy all day today. Tonight she was sitting here playing with her toys and started vomiting. She threw up EVERYTHING. She was heaving. And then when she was done she was HAPPY...like it felt good to puke. It started with her COUGHING. I am not sure if she has a NEW bug or if the coughing caused her to throw up again. Who knows. But regardless, after three weeks of antibiotics she should NOT still be sick with this! Should she? I mean she is no better then she was when I took her in three weeks ago! What on earth could be causing this cough? It sounds like it is DEEP in her lungs but my doctor says her lungs are clear when he listens. Does anyone have any suggestions. I don't think it is allergies because she is not displaying the classic allergy symptoms. If you have any suggestions PLEASE tell me.

In other news....remember the Photo Contest I entered Mikayla in? Well she didn't win the popular vote, but THANK YOU everyone for voting...but she DID place THIRD! I am so happy for my little princess.
Here is the link:
http://www.goldframebaby.com/winners/winnersfeb.htm

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mindy...
the 3weeks of antibtx are a tip off that she may have succefully killed off all the good bacteria in her system. I would look into a probiotic (just google for info) it really helps when your body has been utterly depleated by excessive antibiotic use.
The long and short of it is: Our bodies have good and bad bacteria in them. The good bacteria kills/fights off the bad. When this gets off balance docs love to give antibiotics. However, antibtx don't see "good" or "bad"....they just see bacteria...so the slaughter everything. That leaves her little body with nothing to fight new germs that she is exposed to. Probiotics are not a medicine.
So look into some probiotics. I like the inof on mercola.com.... but you can easily buy some at your local health food store.
Fel free to email me if you have questions.
Tricia

EB said...

Sorry to hear about Mikayla still being sick, but have the DR look into allergies, Carson used to cough all time, for months we toyed arounf with colds etc.

finally the DR said that he could have allergies, so he put him on singular and he doesn't cough anymore.

JuJu - said...

hoping you guys get well and STAY well:):)

Julia:)

Melissa De Mers said...

I hope poor Mikayla feels better soon! Just take her in to the dr & explain everything. It does sound like her immune system is just weak from being on antibiotics for 3 weeks.

I'll send up some prayers for the little sweetie!

Also - congrats Mikayla for 3rd place...although...you were cuter than any of the girls that won before you. ;o)

Love,
Mel

Jenny and Matt said...

Sorry to hear Mikayla is still sick. Poor baby.
You know, Eliana is on Singulair, too, and it has even cut down on her regular baby spit up. Her airway troubles were causing her to have some reflux. Now that her breathing stuff is under control, she doesn't spit up at all. I bet it was that deep coughing that made M puke. I hate the thought of that sweet girl so sick.
Is Alec feeling better?
Let me know when you guys will be headed our way, for sure. We'd love to get together. I can do just about any day and Matt works 3 nights each week... let's try to get a day he can come, too.
Hope you hear something helpful at the doctor's today

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so sorry you are still dealing with sickness. Arianna went to the DR for coughing and weezing yesterday and she has bronchial pnemonia !! But Mikayla has been on antibiotics so it couldn't be that ..... Hope she feels well soon -- my babies have been sick since we got home !!!

nikki said...

Sorry to hear your poor baby is so sick. I would go back to the DR, perhaps see another DR in the group, if there is one.
Hope she feels better.

You have such a beautiful family

Alleen said...

Get a referral to a pediatric pulmanologist/allergist. They can at least decide if it seems like allergies or asthma or something else. I'm sure the vomiting was from all the coughing.

Gabriella was congested deep in her chest for months after coming home. I kept taking her in and they said her lungs were clear. She even had a chest x-ray and yep, all clear. So, it really wasn't in her chest even though it sounded and felt that way. She wasn't really coughing though.

I finally went to a specialist and he thinks she has reflux. Even though she doesn't have the other classic symptoms. He said that with little babies, their bodies are so small that anything affecting their airway, throat,etc will feel and sound like that. She's been on Zantac for several and is much better now.

I would demand a referral just for peace of mind. If she's been on antibiotics that long, it doesn't seem like an infection or anything.