Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Just a little thought

I am one that believes that life is a journey until the day the Lord takes us from this world. I think that everyday we encounter new things, new experiences, and new people that can change that journey. I also live my life with a "no regret" policy. I think that regretting your mistakes or actions is a waste and that instead you must learn from those experiences and move forward in life. There is no time for regret...only learning. Not only is there no time for regret in life, but there is not time to wallow in our saddness. Too many days are wasted in life because we think about the "could have beens" that didn't happen. I learned that lesson the hard way. When Kris and I learned that we could not have more children I spent a good portion of time...months really...feeling sorry for myself. For what reason? Yes, it was important to mourn that loss and of course it is something I think about to this day. However, it was God's plan and I realize that now.

Sometimes we question God. We wonder why why WHY. Why couldn't we have more children? Why this and why that. The answer is quite simple. Because that was part of HIS plan. Sit back and think about your life for a minute. Had you not had "this or that" happen, would you have ended up where you are today? Life is an amazing web of circumstances that build upon each other to lead us on "our jourey." Had I not had that cheating boyfriend, I wouldn't have gone back to church at the time that I did. Had I not gone back to church at that time I would not have met my husband. If it would have just been a few months later then he would have already been living here, in Canton, and we would have never crossed paths. See what I mean...circumstances. What are your circumstances? How did you end up where you are today? Do you ever stop to think about the decisions you made that led you to one place or another in your life? I think that God leads those circumstances and decisions.

This little girl is proof. Thank you God for directing our lives, our decisions, our circumstances...because they take us where we are meant to be.





9 comments:

JuJu - said...

Thanks for that post -
you my friend are a wise woman:)

Julia:)

Anonymous said...

Just reading this tonight, makes me realize how much your journey to adopting Mikayla FAITH has only strengthened your FAITH in the Lord and the plans that He has for your life ahead. Mikayla and Alec are so blessed to have you for their mommy and for the way you will be able to help them to have this FAITH.
Mom

Princess Gabby and Prince Hunter said...

You are so right Mindy, it is crazy to think about how we ended up here. And how I ended up with this baby. Gabby is so perfect for us its crazy. I used to think people were just making that up when they said it on the boards but I really feel like she was MEANT for us. The Lord is mysterious and wonderful and adoption is such a blessing. Those are cute pics of sweet Mikayla, I had to go back and catch up b/c I missed some. Cute cute!!

Melissa De Mers said...

Thanks Mindy - I actually really needed those words right now. :) It's amazing how God puts 'just the right' friends into your life at 'just the right' times also!

Thank God for being our loving father! If it were not for HIM, I don't know where I would be.

Your Mom is right - Alec and Mikayla are very blessed to have YOU as their mother.

Love ya ~ Mel

Jenny and Matt said...

Great post, Mindy.
Beautiful baby, as always

Katie said...

All I can say is AMEN -- thank you for that !!

nikki said...

Beautiful post!

EB said...

That was a very uplifting post to read on a day when I needed some lifting.

Its great to see your happy family, all smiling :-)

Candy said...

I really want to hug her and squeeze those cheeks....I so wish I was in your area for those lunch get togethers...this coming from another stay at home mom in need of Adult conversation...Hugs Candy and Kya Blu