Monday, March 26, 2007

Emotions

Those that know me best know that I hide my emotions. And I hide them well. The only two people that really see them are my mom and Kris. I don't let people in very easily. I have always been that way and trust me it is NOT a good way to be. I let things build and build until I can't take it anymore and then I face it all at once. This happened to me today.

My grandma is my hero. I adore her, love her, she is everything to me. EVERYTHING. My grandma has been my number one fan in life since the day I was born. We have a very special realtionship that is very rare and I treasure it along with the multitudes of memories that we have made. A few months back my grandma started getting sick. After numerous tests she was disgnosed with a cancer. Lung cancer. Advanced lung cancer. She was supposed to be here when Mikayla came home...but was too sick to come. So we are traveling to Florida in a few weeks to see her and my step-grandpa Willy, who also has cancer. I can't see myself living this life without my grandma in it. I can't fathom it. I have always known that this could happen but had decided that it WOULDN'T. I couldn't FACE the truth. But the truth is that she is not doing well. She is very, very ill and went down hill quickly. Our trip to Florida can't come quick enough. I need to be with my grandma and I need to be with her NOW. My mom called me tonight to tell me that she was back in the hospital. It was at that moment that I faced the fact that my grandma is not going to be here my entire lifetime. I lost it. I haven't cried like that in years.

Miracles happen everyday. God blesses people with peace and heals people of their sicknesses. Please pray for my grandma. She needs to be lifted up. I have to believe that a miracle will happen because I can't stand to face the void my life will have without her in it. I am not ready for that. I am not ready. I never will be.

Here are some pictures of Mikayla from today....she needs to meet her grandma who adores her and loves her so much.















11 comments:

Melissa De Mers said...

Mindy - miracles do happen everyday. I will pray you get to see your grandma soon! Praying for you!! Mikayla is so precious, I love seeing her close ups and long lashes. She's gorgeous. Also, the last pic of her smiling with her little tooth showing is adorable!
Love,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

mindy
i will pray a complete peace and healing over your gma... love and blessings!
amy

Kim said...

First of all, Mikayla is just beautiful. I love those profile pictures.

Second of all, I'll pray for your grandma. I will especially pray that she stays strong until your trip. I hope that she is well enough to enjoy all of you!!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

You daughter is so beautiful!!! I totally understand your feelings about your grandma. God can change things. Miracles happen everyday. You and your grandma will be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Mindy, I can relate to your feelings about your grama, I was so close to my grama too! Just lean on Jesus and your Heavenly Father who understands your every emotion..and trust in His perfect Will, and pray for a miracle..these are the times where are Faith becomes real, like where the rubber meets the road..our prayers are with you all!
also your little angel is so adorable! precious!!! love Tammy Gaul

Angel said...

I am so sorry. That is incredibly difficult. I hope you get to spend lots of time with her right now. I am praying for your heart. I know she is going to just adore your little cutie! Angel

Corey said...

I am praying for you and your family, my father passed away from lung cancer before we brought our son home.
Cancer sucks! I am praying that your grandmother gets better... Miracles happen, just look at your daughter

Jenny and Matt said...

Hey Mindy... just thinking about you today... hope you're feeling a little better.

FYI: Negative PPD here today

Rebecca said...

Mindy, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I understand how you feel. My grandma and I had an unusually close relationship also. She was really like a mom to me. She has been gone for 2 years and 4 months now and I miss her SO much! I am going to be praying for your grandma and for her. I will pray that God wraps his arms around the both of you and helps you find peace and comfort. I am so sorry that you have been crying! BIG, BIG HUGS to you sweetie!!

And Mikayla is SO beautiful!!! She looks so precious in those pictures. I LOVE the Easter dress! I am impressed that Kris is so involved in picking out her dress too!! That is AWESOME!!!!

I will be thinking of you!!! Take care of yourself.

Love and hugs,
Rebecca

Susan said...

Mindy,
I will be thinking about you and your grandma. I love the profiles of Mikayla and as usual her bows are sooo cute. I can't wait to put Evvy's in her hair in 14 days! Take care of yourself and remember it is ok to cry and show emotions. I am similiar in not showing emotions but sometimes it really does help.

Take care!
Susan

Bekah said...

Mindy--Thank you SO much for your prayers for us that our case will move forward so we can bring Eloisa home. It means SO much. I added your blog to my blogroll so I can watch your beautiful daughter grow up! Those profile pictures are the most beautiful things I have ever seen!