Thursday, February 22, 2007

AWESOME DVD!!!!!!!

I feel like a door-to-door saleswoman today...or should I say blog-to-blog. Anyway...I had to share this for various reasons. First off...let me say that I am NOT a fan of small children watching TV. There is too much else they could be doing. However, I do LOVE the Baby Einstein series and had some for Alec, when they FIRST came out. I entered Alec in a baby photo contest a year or so ago which he won. One of his prizes was this DVD I am going to tell you about. I didn't get it for him, since he is too old for it, but got it for Mikayla instead. It is called an Infant Recognition Video. It is a "Baby Einstein" type of video....set to the same types of music with the same types of simple, classic things. The major difference is that about every 5 minutes it shows pictures of YOUR family. You choose ten pictures, send them to the company via e-mail, and they put them IN your DVD. We chose pictures of Kris and I, Alec, the grandparents, and then one of Mikayla and us on our visit trip. SHE LOVES IT. When the pictures of all of us come on, and they rotate throughout the show, she laughs and smiles and points. She KNOWS that those pictures are of "us." I think this video has been great for her. Especially since our babies come home a little later, this DVD has really seemed to help her recognize us better. I know that may sound dumb...but it has. I love it and I would highly recommend this DVD. It is awesome and so worth the money. http://www.infantrecognition.com/

I took some pictures of the video when it was playing and such and then Mikayla watching it.








2 comments:

JuJu - said...

Holy smokes - gotta have it girly!! Too cool!!

Julia:):)
Thanks for sharing this post!

Tricia said...

Ohhhhhhh, I love it! What a cool DVD! Plus, I need to do a little retail therapy while I wait for Sofia to come home from Guatemala!

I am totally going to check out this DVD! Thanks for the tip!