Monday, February 5, 2007
Getting a Little Tired
OK...I admit...I am officially exhausted. Mikayla has been having some napping/sleeping issues but I think tonight she is going to sleep well. We didn't have a hard time putting her down tonight. She used to nap sooo good and sleep real good too but all of the sudden she is taking lots of super short naps and getting up more at night. I think it all just part of the adjustment. Other then that she is doing great. I really feel like more of her personality is coming out each day. She is smiling and laughing a lot more and seems to be really comfortable with her environment here. Kris and I are loving every minute of this....but man.....we forgot how much work a baby was. LOL. Actually, it's not really so much the work part of it...it's just that she is very, very clingy right now due to all the changes and she does not like to be put down. It's not healthy for us to let her cry at this stage due to attachment so we just have to hold her....mostly all day. Although she will play for very short periods of time in her Jumperoo or Exersaucer. I am considering buying a better Snuggli to carry her around in. If anyone has a GOOD one that they love...let me know. I think I will need it when Kris goes back to work!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I have a sling that I bought for Mia but she is too big for it and it has barely been used. It is not a snuggly but you can put her on your hip and still have hands free. If you want me to send it to you let me know... nicholetrue@yahoo.com
Nichole
Sleep when you can:):)that is how I survive - I take naps when JB does some days - "whatever works" - the motto of my hubby and I!! You guys are great:):)
JUlia:):):):):)
Mindy, Maya was very similar. It gets better every day. I can put her down now. We even can put her to sleep while she is awake most nights. It takes ahile, but it happens. We have those fridge magnets in the kitchen. Between that and the puffs/cheerios, I can make dinner most nights. Good luck! Kiss Mikayla for us!
Kerry, George, Bryan and Maya
She's just beautiful, Mindy!
We're having some sleep changes, too. She was only waking up once each night, but the past 2 nights she's been up every 3 hours.... not sure what's up with that.
Hi--I am a first time poster here--We just brought our baby home a couple of weeks ago-- and my little peanut is very clingy too--I have a four year old so I kinda have to have hands free sometimes but I have carried her nonstop!!! I have heard a Mai Tei really works and is very comfortable--I tried the baby Bjorn but it really does not work well for me--I am ordering the Mai Tei TODAY!!!!
I am so so so glad you are home wiht your baby!!! She is beautiful!!!!!!!!! I love this post --it is nice to know someone else is going thru what I am too!!!
Post a Comment