Saturday, February 10, 2007

Mikayla's Open House

Today was Mikayla's Open House. It was so nice to see some of our closest friends. I made the theme a Valentine's Day theme and it was sweet. Perfect for the princess! It was SO wonderful because some of my CLOSEST friends that are adopting and who have adopted from Guatemala came over. Joseph, the little boy, came home just after New Years and Sophia, the little girl, came home just last week! We have all been friends for a loooong time and have supported each other through this process...so this is WONDERFUL. Now we still have two more babies in our "friend circle" that need to come home. Sweet Isabella...whose mommy is holding Mikayla in one of the following pictures and then sweet Olivia, whose mommy couldn't come because she lives a little further away. But the babies are coming home...and they will ALL be home and together one day....one day soon.





The pretty cake...Mmmmmm it was GOOD!



Close up of the table...I LOVE Valentines Day





Alec was digging into the food before anyone was even here! LOL! Look at his BRIGHT BLUE eyes...my son is beautiful...I adore him so much!



Mom...is it time to party?


Wait a minute...I think someone is here!



YAY....did they come to see ME!?



Sophia, Mikayla, and Joseph







Mikayla and Joseph....together again. They were in the same baby home in Guatemala...I SWEAR the acted like they knew each other!

Sophia and Mikayla.....IN THE SAME PICTURE!!!!! AT LAST!
NiCole and Mikayla....her daughter is in Guatemala still in the same baby home as Joseph and Mikayla were in. We met her baby while we were in Guatemala and she is a SWEETHEART!

Me and Mikayla, Lisa and Sophia, and Shelia and Joseph TAKE ONE


TAKE TWO

Oh man mommy...this day was awesome! I got so many gifts and had so much fun!



Five minutes later....LOL


5 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time. It looks like lots of fun!!

Anonymous said...

Will you look at how cute your baby is?! She is gorgeous, Mindy. I know that you would love her just as much if she was a plain baby, but my goodness, she is just a stunning little dumpling! I wish I could have been at your party. I am so happy for you!

JuJu - said...

What a great way to celebrate her homecoming:)

JUlia

Our Adoption Process said...

Mindy, I wish we lived closer to you! When does Thomas the Tank come near you?

It really should be illegal to have two beaituiful; children like we are both blessed to have!

Kerry

Cheri said...

Your children are beautiful!! And the party looks like it was such a good time. Congratulations on having your little girl home!!!

Cheri