Saturday, March 17, 2007

Mikayla is NINE Months Old Today!


Where on EARTH is the time going already??? I am starting to get sad about it! My sweet Mikayla-bug turned 9 months old today. I had her dressed in the SWEETEST little dress that her Aunt Brandy bought her for Christmas. We were meeting a SUPER good friend of mine, Heather, that moved to Tennessee about 2 years after we moved to Canton, at McDonalds. She was the first friend I made in Canton, we worked together at the Roadhouse. Oh....those were the days. Seems like ages ago! Anyway...her hubby's family is still in Canton THANK GOD so we see her a couple of times a year. So we decided to go to McDonalds so our kids could play. I put Mikayla in the dress RIGHT before we left and on the short 5 minute to drive to McDonalds she had a COMPLETE blowout diaper. Of course I didn't have a change of clothes so BACK in the Mommy Mobile we went and I had to take her home and change her and go BACK to McDonalds. LOL. What a GROSS mess. The first thing I grabbed to put on her was her velour sweatsuit. I had to HURRY since Kris, Alec, Heather, and her son were waiting on me. But other then that the day was pretty uneventful!
I got some great feedback on my last few posts. Thanks everyone...I am glad I could encourage those of you that I did. I actually have always loved to write and have journaled and written poetry my entire life. I actually had a blog before I had this one. I started it on the day we decided to adopt. So if you want to check it out here is the link. www.youbelong.net/theousleys

For those of you still in process the other blog may help you out. I had some rough moments and please know for those of you reading this still waiting....that I have NOT forgotten about you. You never forget what you went through to bring your little one home and my heart goes out to all of you on a daily basis. I have been there, felt the anxiety and pain, and vividly remember it. So please, check out my old blog, and know that what you are feeling is normal and trust me...I wrote all about it.
Hugs to you all!

What on EARTH is up with this new CHEESE MODE smile??? How funny is that?


6 comments:

Princess Gabby and Prince Hunter said...

Mindy,
I loved your post on labeling. I TOTALLY agree with you and its so funny b/c when those random strangers ask me where she is from or is she adopted, for a split second it throws me off now. I forget that to others she looks different. She has become a totally integral part of our life as our child, the fact that she is adopted is just not important. Will I celebrate her birth country and answer questions about Guatemala adoptions, yes, but she is our daughter. I NEVER feel a need to preface my introductions or constantly point out the fact she is adopted. I even look at pictures and its just the three of us, in a way she looks just like us b/c now our life is her life and vice versa that I forget others see it differently. And sometimes, when people just go on and on about the adoption, it makes me feel awkward. I'd rather just talk about what toys she likes and what new things she is doing. Good post! And Mikayla is just a doll and what a cute smile. She is totally photogenic!

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, Mamaw thought of you all day and knowing that you also turned 9 months old today! I just want to stop the clock for awhile and enjoy you at this age. Time goes by much too quickly. You are just changing everyday and are just showing more personality every day! I love you so much and I can't wait to see you this week.
Hugs and Kisses!
Mamaw Cheryl

Katie said...

Happy 9 month birthday Makayla!!! You are just growing more beautiful everyday !! I hope I can see you again someday !!! XOXOXO

EB said...

I think that they all go through that cheese mode, Carson still does, it is so cute :-)

We need to get together sometime and hang out, Carson loves Mikaylas pictures.

Melissa De Mers said...

Mikayla is so beautiful! Happy 9 months! Doesn't it all go by SO quickly?!

Love always,
Melissa

Rebecca said...

Mindy,
She gets more beautiful every day!! What a little Angel!!!

HAPPY NINE MONTH BIRTHDAY MIKAYLA!!!

Yes, time does fly by. We just have to enjoy every day!!! I'm so glad Mikayla is home with you, Chris and Alec. Soon Zachary will be home and I'll be posting all kinds of stories. ;-)) I can't wait!!!

Hugs,
Rebecca