Oooooooh....what a day!
I am going to make this as quick as I can because I have to clean this mess of a house. First of all, as you know, along with all the bloodwork Mikayla also had a TB test. Well....it turned positive. So today at the Doctor they were not real concerned because a lot of IA babies have positive TB tests and they are NOT really positive. So her Doctor wanted to do a Chest X-Ray anyway of course and so we did (which was another horrible ordeal with a screaming baby). I walked in the door from the Doctor and saw a message on the machine. I checked it and it was her Doctor who wanted me to call in right away. I did and the news was NOT good. Her chest X-ray had many "cloudy spots" and did not look good at all. They highly suspected that she DID have TB and that I needed to bring her BACK in ASAP to have a repeat chest X-ray and if it was the same then we had to go up to the Infectious Disease unit at Akron Children's Hospital. I called Kris HYSTERICAL and he came right home from work and we went BACK to the Doctor. They did the X-ray again and it was NORMAL. They think that the first X-ray didn't look good because she was not taking deep enough breathes. We were SO SO SO relieved but the story does NOT stop there. We go back up to Doctor (it's all in the same building) and he said that he was still really worried because she is STILL coughing all the time. We talked and talked about it and came to the conclusion that all of symptoms are that of Whooping Cough. OMG. From one bad thing to another. If it is NOT Whooping Cough he feels certain that is is Walking Pneumonia. So they did two nasel swabs...another NOT fun thing for her...and we will have those results on Monday or Tuesday. In the meantime he has her on Zithromax because it is a very strong medication. After reading and reading about Whooping Cough she does have every single symptom but I know that doesn't mean she has it. We will have to wait and see. I did take her to have her pictures done yesterday at Sears and I am just so-so happy with them. They didn't really work with them at all and didn't get the "pretty" shots that I wanted so I am going to take her somewhere else. This of course was BEFORE I knew she was possibly highly contagious with Whooping Cough! Keep us in your prayers please!
10 comments:
Mindy, I can't breathe...I will await your update and keep you, Mikayla and the whole Ousley family in my prayers, I promise. Weird, I am normally asleep by now, and usally check posts in the morning, but I was drawn to my computer. I am sure they will figre it out and get her on the right meds..THANK GOODNESS the second x-ray came out clear. I am there with you!!
The pictures are still good...but the same thing happend to me at Target...the girl was no help at all and now I have to take Kya somewhere else too...I hope you find out what is wrong with that CUTIE PIE soon...hugs Candy and Kya...Oh I am so excited one of the next states my hubby will be opening phone stores in is OHIO...so maybe I will get to see you all sometime...
OH NO! I am so sorry. That is very scary for a momma's heart. I am saying a prayer for your sweety. I hope she is sleeping peacefully and not up coughing tonight. Angel
Oh! Poor Mikayla! Poor Mommy!
Hope the Zithromax does the trick!
Oh Mindy, I hope that everything is ok.
I use JC Penneys for pictures and I am always happy with them.
We used sears once for pics of chris and I and it was so-so
Dang girl! You have had a week! Know that we are praying for you guys!
Once you get this figured out, I think you need to have her be a poster child for something... she is TOOOOO cute for words!
Dang girl! What a week you guys have had! I am praying that all this gets resolved, SOOOON
AND... after you do get her healthy, I think you should submit her for a poster child... she is SOOOOOO cute that I can not stand it!
Mindy - I will pray for Mikayla. What a scary post, I was on th edge of my seat the whole time!
The pics are adorable. :)
Love
Mel♥
Oh my goodness - - you poor thing !! What a nightmare -- I will be praying -- keep us updated !!
OH my goodness -- you poor things !!! I will be praying -- keep us updated !!
Post a Comment